Calcium Channel Blockers.

[Ho...]

I am on 25 mg of Spironolactone and now doc wants to add Calcium Channel blocker.  I've read a lot of bad things about this drug.  Has anyone been on them?

I was on Diltiazem and Amlodipine. The first time I was in the hospital for hyponatremia, I was told to get off the Diltiazem. I did that. It didn't seem to take long.

I'm still taking Amlodipine, 2.5 mg. The doctor in the hospital recently wanted me off it, but I was going through so much that I couldn't get off it. It has a long half-life and many side effects. Why the doctors here in the U.S. like it, I'll never know. I was pulled off it before because I got TERRIBLE leg pain and swelling. But the doctor who kept me on it gave me HCTZ to deal with the swelling and pain. Go figure. I should have switched doctors at that point.

I don't know why your doctor would want to give you Amlodipine. It's for heart failure as well. Let's hope it's not that drug. Some people do really well on it, though.

Do you know which one it is?

This is my experience only. Maybe you'll be fine. It's so difficult to know what bp drugs will work well for you.

Yes, I've known this. I want to get off the Amlodipine, because the doctor in the hospital said to get off of it. But with this Bactrim and the high bp still, I can't. They took me off pills in the hospital, too, and that made my CNS go crazy as well!

But doctors believe in their pills. YOU have to tell them you cannot abide by them. I made such a big deal about being put on a diuretic again when I saw the doctor on Thursday, saying I was so afraid I'd end up with hyponatremia a third time, that the doctor finally relented. He was always wanting me to be on a heavy diuretic, but I told him I've been taken off all of them due to problems with low sodium (my potassium went down, too, but I read that Bactrim causes a high potassium level). Buyer beware!!!

Thanks guys.  I have zero inflammation yet, he has me on the Spironolactone which has a diuretic and I do have pain in my kidneys.  He just ordered me Propranolol but I didn't take it yet.  I told them I didn't want the CCBlockers.