Been using fake Valium (Etizolam) for 7+ weeks, where should I start?

[Hu...]

Hi BenzoBuddies,

I've been reading through the Ashton manual and other resources, though my use has been Etizolam for about 7 weeks with no prior benzo history. As these pills were basement presses with possibly inconsistent doses I'm not sure where to start with a taper.

After learning more about Etizolam I would rather not go anywhere near that stuff again, it sounds too dangerous even for a benzo. The duration is very short so I believe that was why I was taking so many (10 a day on average), but as I've said these are basement presses which brings the strength of the pills into question. At a guess I would say 0.5-1mg per pill?

I've managed to get legit Valium, the effect of 10mg feels as strong, if not stronger than the fake (Etizolam) pills and MUCH longer lasting. I have only taken 10mg today and I feel ok, not great but no desire to take any more, possibly might need some to get to sleep but will see how that goes.

Yesterday I took 30mg in total; 10mg in the morning and 20mg to get to sleep but I feel like I overshot it (was feeling quite high).

My insomnia has been really harsh as a long-term effect of cocaine, I originally bought the fake stuff because it was cheap and I was feeling weak. This got out of hand very quickly and led me to this situation.

As Etizolam has a very short half-life in comparison to Valium I'm not sure where to start if I substite, my Doctor has advised to either start at 20mg or to avoid taking any if I can (I have told her everything).

One thing I do know is I am never taking Etizolam or cheap pills again, I haven't been prescribed anything but I have access to what I believe is legit Valium.

I would love to hear all your thoughts and feedback, and would love to hear from anyone who has made the same mistake as me.

After further reading on this forum I feel like my post is more relevant to the Cold Turkey, Detox & Rapid Withdrawal board, I have explained in further detail there.