Need help with titration plan.

[Da...]

Okay,i have been dry cutting my Klonopoison from 2 mgs. and am now at .625 approx. I have a prescription on the way from a compounding pharmacy that will be 1 mg. per ml.

is what i was told. So what would be the best way to use this for taper. In terms of dose/schedule???

Thanks in advance.

David.   

Okay,i have been dry cutting my Klonopoison from 2 mgs. and am now at .625 approx. I have a prescription on the way from a compounding pharmacy that will be 1 mg. per ml.

is what i was told. So what would be the best way to use this for taper. In terms of dose/schedule???

Thanks in advance.

David.   

David,

i have a benzo brain here so please excuse me if i'm wrong

1mg per 1ml sound potent.

when i used titration i had 1mg of k (20mg V equivalent) in 100ml of fluid.....that was .01mg k per 1 ml of fluid.

i would be careful and check the math,...sounds like a heft dose in 1 ml of the compound...

excuse my benzo brain if i'm wrong..just trying to help.

take care,

truck

You are right Truck. I thought that as well but the pharmacist assured me the way the syringe was marked i could make very small reductions. That is why i was asking for advice on how best to

taper slowly using this formula. I guess i will see when it gets here tomorrow..........thanks for your input. I AWAYS appeciate the support from this board.

David. 

You are right Truck. I thought that as well but the pharmacist assured me the way the syringe was marked i could make very small reductions. That is why i was asking for advice on how best to

taper slowly using this formula. I guess i will see when it gets here tomorrow..........thanks for your input. I AWAYS appeciate the support from this board.

David. 

David, just trying to help. glad it wasn't my benzo brain but also concerned for you....don't want u to deal with a bad taper..i hope you can work it out better.  Check with DanMan..he did compounded. i think it was .04/ml but not sure.

take care

truck

David. 

David, just trying to help. glad it wasn't my benzo brain but also concerned for you....don't want u to deal with a bad taper..i hope you can work it out better.  Check with DanMan..he did compounded. i think it was .04/ml but not sure.

take care

truck

David,

1ml is such a tiny amount to measure, i have no idea how you're gonna be able to measure a smaller amount...please let me know when you get it.

take care,

truck

Truck

The syringe is a 1ml syringe and is marked from .1 -1.0 mls. with 9 graduations inbetween each tenth of a miligram. So if my benzo eyes are not blurry small reductions

should be pretty easy.

David.

Truck

The syringe is a 1ml syringe and is marked from .1 -1.0 mls. with 9 graduations inbetween each tenth of a miligram. So if my benzo eyes are not blurry small reductions

should be pretty easy.

David.

David,

my benzo brain isn't doing math today...sorry...i feel so stupid (that's the worst part of this...i never felt stupid before)...anyhow, i'll check back again and do the math....and maybe another buddy will too..i  hope that this is the right compound for you to work with.

love, truck

Truck

should be pretty easy.

David.

David,

my benzo brain isn't doing math today...sorry...i feel so stupid (that's the worst part of this...i never felt stupid before)...anyhow, i'll check back again and do the math....and maybe another buddy will too..i  hope that this is the right compound for you to work with.

love, truck

David,

My Geek Brain woke up a bit and i got some help from my hubby (the even bigger GeeK!)....so here's the math we came up with:

Your compounded klonopin is 1mg/1ml....this means that 1ml k = 20mg V (equivalence)

You have a syringe that has .1ml gradations...so each 1ml can be broken into .1ml amounts....therefore; .1ml k = 2mg V (equivalence)

I think your compounded solution is much too strong for the taper you want to do from your present .625mg.

I hope this info helps you...and i hope my benzo brain isn't messing you up.  I am pretty sure my math is right; but you may want to check with the mods/colin to be absolutely sure.

good luck.

love, truck

Note: edited a  couple times due to benzo brain...last edit at 648pm Eastern Time

Truck

Yes,you are correct on all of that information - good job!!! There are graduations inbetween the .1 ml. markings. The syringe starts at 0 and there are 9 lines before you get to .1 ml. and all

of the way up. So,if the solution is a good mix it should work - right? I talked to the pharmacist several times and he assured me this would work because i STRESSED the fact i wanted to go a SLOW as in needed to and in small increments. Yesterday i went from .625 to .600 even. I think that works out to about 4%.

David. 

Truck

Yes,you are correct on all of that information - good job!!! There are graduations inbetween the .1 ml. markings. The syringe starts at 0 and there are 9 lines before you get to .1 ml. and all

of the way up. So,if the solution is a good mix it should work - right? I talked to the pharmacist several times and he assured me this would work because i STRESSED the fact i wanted to go a SLOW as in needed to and in small increments. Yesterday i went from .625 to .600 even. I think that works out to about 4%.

David. 

Okay, so if there are 9 lines to graduate .1mg..then each of those is .1mg...then you are taking .2mg per line (each of the 9 lines is .2mg valium equivalence )....I need to check this math again..i'll do it later when my brain is better.  I'll also try to figure out the percentage...geez, i used to do this so easily...now it's a real task..huge task.

i hope i'm helping you....

tricl

Truck

There are 9 lines from 0-.1 ml. then 9 more from .1 ml to .2 ml and all the way up to the full 1ml line.

David.

Hi David,

If you have prescription for liquid Klonopin because you cannot make small enough cuts by pill-splitting 0.5mg tablets into quarters (generally considered the smallest practical cut achievable via pill-splitting), you probably will need a less potent solution. With a solution strength of 1ml=1mg, and using a syringe with 0.1ml markings, you probably will be making cuts no smaller than 0.1ml (0.1mg). Quarter-pill reductions of 0.5mg tablets equates to 0.125mg - there appears to be little advantage using the liquid rather than pill-splitting 0.5mg tablets.

However, if you have no good reason to suppose that you cannot manage cuts in the range of 0.1-0.125mg, this prescription should be fine. After all, the majority of our members taking Klonopin quit by making 0.125mg cuts to their dose.