Ativan question re: dosing daily

[Mo...]

Hi y’all,

So far no doc willing to do gradual transfer to Valium so I’m on 1.25 of Ativan now after .25 by doc.

I dose three times a day .5, .5, .25.  I have interdose withdrawals as doses are 6 hours apart and Ativan seems to last only 4 hours for me.

If I were to spread my doses 5 times a day at .25 would this potentially alleviate the interdose w/d’s?

Thanks in advance!

Hi y’all,

So far no doc willing to do gradual transfer to Valium so I’m on 1.25 of Ativan now after .25 by doc.

I dose three times a day .5, .5, .25.  I have interdose withdrawals as doses are 6 hours apart and Ativan seems to last only 4 hours for me.

If I were to spread my doses 5 times a day at .25 would this potentially alleviate the interdose w/d’s?

Thanks in advance!

Welcome back. :smitten:

BUMP

Thanks Peacefulhope!  Dr. Upped dose of escitalopram and I’m down to 1.25mg Ativan daily now.  Escitalopram alleviates the interdose withdrawals pretty well so far. 

How are you doing?

❤️

Thanks Peacefulhope!  Dr. Upped dose of escitalopram and I’m down to 1.25mg Ativan daily now.  Escitalopram alleviates the interdose withdrawals pretty well so far. 

How are you doing?

❤️

Hey there, MP, good to see you!  :smitten:

Sounds like you're doing a lot better and it's great you got relief with the A/D :thumbsup:  I'm doing well, a few bumps but pretty good overall.  My math skills aren't great so I had some help, lol, and I've cut 9% since November. 

Always glad to hear from you - pm me anytime 💕

:) Hi,

Do any of you know, once you're nearing finishing line, how do you get to completion? 

I've gotten from 1.5mg. ativan 4 x's/daily down to 1/8 mg. once daily.  Tried stretching that out to 34-36 hours...Very heightened w/d symptoms, esp. pain (which is why rx'd in first place).  I'm going to do 1/16 mg. twice daily.  But, I would still like to know what about once you're okay @ that...how do you go from that to additional hours, in order to get to 48 hours, etc. to finally eliminate?  I've read and get mired in the intricacies of the mathemetics of cutting, w/out learning how to do this final step?  I'm no longer under dr's care and don't want to involve a new dr. (mistrustful now) and have been making it thus far, solo.  And, it would seem doctors are more detrimental than helpful for this benzo epidemic and not nearly enough know how to w/d someone and often just make it worse, ever writing out rx's, which is how epidemic began. 

I'm reaching out under whatever posts seem might garner me some answers on this as I only rec'd 1 reply to a new post on the topic (which, maybe I didn't title it correctly, but will hope for more answers here).  Thank you!