45 days free from Ativan

[ho...]

I really haven't posted much on this forum during my 5 month taper off Ativan.  Today, I'm 6 weeks free of Ativan!  I took it for 11 months due to anxiety and insomnia from a physical injury.  My taper was really rough, but a life on psych drugs is not an option for me.  My body cannot tolerate them.  I was healthy and on no medication before all this happened. 

Over the past 45 days, I had a few windows where I started to feel like myself, especially this past week.  These windows give me hope that I will heal in time.  I have had lots of testing done (thyroid normal, vitamins normal, hormones out of whack, glutamate high - not surprised, MTHFR Homozygous C677T, probably stage 2 adrenal fatigue).  I have modified my diet (no gluten, sugars, processed foods, MSG, soy and caffeine).  I am going to explore the Keto diet.  I am taking supplements.  I walk, do yoga, meditate and tap. 

My symptoms include:

- Dry eyes at times

- Blurry vision at times

- Cog Fog

- Higher heart rate (I notice that it is slowly coming down.  My resting rate is coming down into the high 70s more.)

- Slight hand tremors

- Muscle Pain/Joint Pain (esp. right hip)

- Burning sensation in my arms at times

- Muscle tension - neck, shoulders

- Headaches/Head Squeeze at times

- Head Pressure at times

- Insomnia - UGH!!!

- Anxiety (mostly earlier in the day, feel calmer in the evening)

- Depression at times

For sleep, I am taking 1.5mg of Melatonin and Lactium (about 8-12 pills throughout the night).  I'm trying not to freak out about taking the melatonin every night.  My sleep is broken ranging from 2-7 hours.  I usually get 1 good night a week, 1 bad night and the rest is in between.  Has anyone else taken melatonin and been able to taper off eventually?

Praying for continued healing and full recovery.  Can't wait to post a success story someday!

Congrats Hope,

Im also just over a month off Ativan. Im having some eye issues as well, some dizziness, and some depression. The depression has improved over the last couple of days. Lets keep plugging along and hopefully we'll be 100% healed sooner than later! Keep on fighting!

Thank you both!  This has been the hardest thing I’ve ever gone through in my life.  Bar none!  Praying we all heal from this!

I really haven't posted much on this forum during my 5 month taper off Ativan.  Today, I'm 6 weeks free of Ativan!  I took it for 11 months due to anxiety and insomnia from a physical injury.  My taper was really rough, but a life on psych drugs is not an option for me.  My body cannot tolerate them.  I was healthy and on no medication before all this happened. 

Over the past 45 days, I had a few windows where I started to feel like myself, especially this past week.  These windows give me hope that I will heal in time.  I have had lots of testing done (thyroid normal, vitamins normal, hormones out of whack, glutamate high - not surprised, MTHFR Homozygous C677T, probably stage 2 adrenal fatigue).  I have modified my diet (no gluten, sugars, processed foods, MSG, soy and caffeine).  I am going to explore the Keto diet.  I am taking supplements.  I walk, do yoga, meditate and tap. 

My symptoms include:

- Dry eyes at times

- Blurry vision at times

- Cog Fog

- Higher heart rate (I notice that it is slowly coming down.  My resting rate is coming down into the high 70s more.)

- Slight hand tremors

- Muscle Pain/Joint Pain (esp. right hip)

- Burning sensation in my arms at times

- Muscle tension - neck, shoulders

- Headaches/Head Squeeze at times

- Head Pressure at times

- Insomnia - UGH!!!

- Anxiety (mostly earlier in the day, feel calmer in the evening)

- Depression at times

For sleep, I am taking 1.5mg of Melatonin and Lactium (about 8-12 pills throughout the night).  I'm trying not to freak out about taking the melatonin every night.  My sleep is broken ranging from 2-7 hours.  I usually get 1 good night a week, 1 bad night and the rest is in between.  Has anyone else taken melatonin and been able to taper off eventually?

Praying for continued healing and full recovery.  Can't wait to post a success story someday!

Congratulations hopefulinpa! I'll look forward to seeing your success story!  :smitten:  :thumbsup: