Has anyone tapered off Baclofen?

[Dt...]

Hi ☺️

Needing to taper 10mg Baclofen.. 5x twice daily but getting bigissues with muscles and INterdosing so need it gone!  tried to go to 5 and tremors got really bad, but as it only has a half life of 2-4 hours I presume WD is quite short lived?

Any advice appreciated:)

I was put on it for dystonia caused by WD. Only on it for a few weeks though and tapered off over about a month of I remember correctly.

Not sure if a I had any extra symptoms associated with it.

Thanks ajusta :)

How much were you put on?

I feel this one is going to cause dystonia the way things are going...

Scared to come off it but it’s done enough damage.

Hope ur doing ok!

Sorry to hear adjusta, yep that’s what I’m worried about, I’ve wasted away and my now ex pdoc kept blaming other things, I was like ‘I’m exhausted and can’t lift anything or stand up’ and she blamed chronic fatigue.. it was the bloody Bac! I’ve been on it 5 months and slowly have become totally incapacitated.

Now I’m off Valium, the reality has kicked in along with the excruciating pain..

My neck is also permanently curved now.

What WD reducing did u do for it? Even though it was much less time..

Did you get shakes from stopping it?

Hi Dtrain, its me again!  I can tell you tapering will get pretty complicated because of that extremely short half life. After one half pill I went to titrating with water.I couldn't do it myself and had to have help. The pill looked like it wouldnt dissolve completely so hubby called his brothers son in law in Colorado who is a chemist. After lengthy conversation he said baclofen is completely dissolvable and the particles are just fillers and binders. He recommended grinding it first to break down the particles using a mortar and pestle. That got kind of messy but we noticed the particles got very fine anyway with just an hour of soaking. We used a graduated cylinder and a dosing syringe and I took my doses every four hours. I hope this information is helpful to you !

Thanks Arizona yes I thought that much! I take two 5mg doses currently and can’t see how to taper...

your suggestion is fabulous but my confused shaky brain and body can’t deal with it right now!

Sounds like tapering didn’t really help all that much? Do you think?

How long did you taper for? And how much water to mg?

My doc said to go to 5 for a week then off, I got 4 days in to ( freaked out and went back up.

Think the stress of it is getting to me and I just want it done so I can move on! :)

Hope ur feeling a bit better today

Hi Dtrain....... I did my withdrawal in five weeks and five days.  I've  been off the drug for eight weeks now. I probably went too fast.  Anyway, I think I see the light at the end of the tunnel. I finally got a full nights sleep and today I'm  having a window. Don't want too get excited. Yet.

Hi Arizona, great to hear!

I don’t think you went too fast, sounds like it just hasn’t agreed with you sadly... I’m just happy to hear you’re starting to get better :)

Titration for baclofen

Using the 100ml graduated cylinder, 10ml syringe and some math it is possible to arrive at almost any desired mg dosage. For example say you want 2.5mg per dose. Then dissolve a 10mg tablet in 40ml of water. Next use the syringe to draw out 10ml for each dose. That is a simple example and sometimes the math gets a little crazy but the concept is the same. By adjusting the amount of water you use to dissolve a pill in and the amount you draw out of the mixture you can arrive at the desired dosage. If you are having trouble with the math I can help you. Just let me know how many mg you want in a single dose. It is very difficult to do all this by yourself. I was lucky enough my family help with the math and doing the measurements. Also my doctor wrote a prescription for 5mg tablets which sometimes helped with the math. Your pharmacy might not have it in stock but they can order it. It is a little crude and not as accurate but you could arrive at the same 2.5mg per dose by dissolving a 10mg pill in water and then getting four exactly matching glasses and do your best at getting the same amount in each glass. I also did better by taking four equal doses each day. I used my phone to set an alarm every six hours to keep on schedule.