New Physical Symptom: Pain in hand, middle finger

[bo...]

I started taking ginkgo 8 days ago. I have noticed a shift from extreme mental symptoms to physical symptoms. One symptom is a pain in my right hand that leads to my middle finger. The finger is hard to bend all of a sudden and it's become hard to type as a result. Has anyone experienced this? It may be time to stop the ginkgo.

This might be a case of you having just injured it without knowing it. Don't be quick to blame withdrawal or the ginko for everything.

When I was at my son's house my whole right arm from the elbow down swelled up and hurt really bad. After a few hours I remembered/realized I had played a little rough with their dog and he was play biting. I hadn't realized it at the time but then the swelling and pain started about an hour later.

The middle finger on my right hand feels almost arthritic, and when I try to use the mouse on my computer, it basically twitches in a weird way. This is the first time I've had this symptom. I have a feeling it's related to withdrawal. Not sure though.

I have had similar systems.  It is joint stiffness and pain similar to arthritis pain.  Mine was so bad until I went to see a rheumatologist and was tested.  They said it wasn't arthritis but stenosing tenosnovitis (trigger finger).  They gave me a steroid shot and it got better.  I had never had this  to happened until I was withdrawing from Xanax.  This may be what you have.

Thanks for the replies. I will wait it out awhile and see if it gets any better on its own. I have had some physical stuff start and get better within a week or so while going through this, so I will wait before I get any steroid injections or anything like that.

Thanks for the replies. I will wait it out awhile and see if it gets any better on its own. I have had some physical stuff start and get better within a week or so while going through this, so I will wait before I get any steroid injections or anything like that.

You DO NOT want a steroid shot.