Please help me figure out the math for a liquid titration off of Valium

[li...]

Hello everyone,

I started my taper on Xanax more than a year ago at 2 mg, was switched to Klonopin and dry cut to to 1 mg. Several months ago started seeing a psychiatrist who agreed to switch me to Valium to help with interdose withdrawals.

The problem is, I’m having really severe reactions to dry cuts now.

I’m thinking that maybe a slow liquid microtaper might be the way to go.

Currently, I take a 10 mg tablet of diazepam in the morning and then another 10 mg tablet in the late afternoon.

What I’m trying to figure out is, how much liquid should I be putting the tablets in if I dissolve both at once and save the other half for my second dose? I have read several people mentioning that they use 300 mL but I’m not sure what the reasoning is for that.

Also, if I remove 1 mL from the 20 mg mixture, how much am I removing from the total of 20 mg? At what point am I removing 1 mg?

Thanks so much to anybody who can help me with this. Math was certainly never my specialty before benzodiazepines and now trying to figure out these calculations on my own while in withdrawal feels like a joke!

1)  The ratios for converting tablets to liquid is 1mg:2ml vodka or PG:8mls water.  This will give you you a uniformly distributed solution with .1mg per ml.

2)  Make enough solution to last 10-14 days.  Just extract and drink your dose, do NOT "pull and discard" your med.

3) Make a taper plan and dose schedule, and just take your doses according the schedule.

At your dose (20mgs/day) I would consider doing a tablet + liquid combo, 10mgs tablets and the rest from liquid.

Dissolve 100mgs in 200mls vodka or PG and add 800mls water.

Lets day you want to reduce 10%/15 days.

20mg X 10% = 2mgs

2mgs/15 days = .13mg/day.  This is your daily reduction.

Here's a schedule...

10mg tablets              100mls  (10mg) liquid

10mg tablets                98.7mls (9.87mg) liquid

10mg tablets                97.4mls (9.74mg) liquid

10mg tablets                96.1mls (9.61mg( liquid

etc....

Just lower your dose 1.3 mls (.13mg) each day.

If your worried about keeping the doses uniform, just alternate the tablet/liquid doses each day  (tablets AM one day, then tablets PM the next day.

If you don't like the 10%/15 day schedule, just use that formula and plug in your own numbers.