This is just ridiculous

[Ma...]

I can't take this crap anymore. Back in bed / couch. Hurts to speak. Haven't tapered, but symptoms are flaring up out of nowhere. Can't work, can't really do much at all. Can't even perform basic chores. Basically just laying there like a vegetable trying to distract. Meanwhile, normal people (I was one of them not too long ago...) are able to go out, have fun, travel, be productive members of society. I can't even eat foods I used to enjoy. Coffee? Forget about it. A glass of red wine with dinner? Nope. The occasional Chinese takeout. No sir. This is a full on disability that's DRUG INDUCED. I hate this so so so much, and I know I am not the only one.

Valium is turning on me. I am going to give the liquid a try (was able to get an Rx) but if this doesn't do the trick, then I'm really at a loss of what to do. I can't really deal with these random waves that hit me out of nowhere. No point in even thinking about this....I've come to understand that there is no way to anticipate this.

If I had known what these drugs could do to me, I would have never filled that first Rx. Good lord this is awful.

These drugs have been around some 60 odd years, yet the scientific and medical community hasn't figured out how to address this epidemic? I mean come on. This should not be this awful. Tapers should not be this long or complicated. Withdrawal should not be this painful. This is some epic bullshit right here (pardon my language).

I can't take this crap anymore. Back in bed / couch. Hurts to speak. Haven't tapered, but symptoms are flaring up out of nowhere. Can't work, can't really do much at all. Can't even perform basic chores. Basically just laying there like a vegetable trying to distract. Meanwhile, normal people (I was one of them not too long ago...) are able to go out, have fun, travel, be productive members of society. I can't even eat foods I used to enjoy. Coffee? Forget about it. A glass of red wine with dinner? Nope. The occasional Chinese takeout. No sir. This is a full on disability that's DRUG INDUCED. I hate this so so so much, and I know I am not the only one.

Valium is turning on me. I am going to give the liquid a try (was able to get an Rx) but if this doesn't do the trick, then I'm really at a loss of what to do. I can't really deal with these random waves that hit me out of nowhere. No point in even thinking about this....I've come to understand that there is no way to anticipate this.

If I had known what these drugs could do to me, I would have never filled that first Rx. Good lord this is awful.

These drugs have been around some 60 odd years, yet the scientific and medical community hasn't figured out how to address this epidemic? I mean come on. This should not be this awful. Tapers should not be this long or complicated. Withdrawal should not be this painful. This is some epic bullshit right here (pardon my language).

I couldn’t agree with you more. Epic bullshit. How can nobody have figured out how to help yet?

I'm sorry that you are going thru this. I'm with you . I had the same thought a couple weeks ago. I was watching my neighbor out the window and he was out doing things in his yard and living life. I was thinking that I had been in my house for months going through WD. Its sucks.  I dont know how I got myself into this. I took these pills for a medical condition.

I think someone on here posted a quote from Winston Churchill  “If you’re going through hell, keep going.”

I couldn’t agree with you more. Epic bullshit. How can nobody have figured out how to help yet?

I know, right? That's the question that keeps running through my mind. This is obviously a drug induced illness, there is no other way to describe it. The term "withdrawal" implies some sort of negative connotation due to its association with drug abuse. I think what we are going through should be given its own name and recognized just like any other broadly recognized central nervous system disorders.

I think someone on here posted a quote from Winston Churchill  “If you’re going through hell, keep going.”

+1

I got dropped to 0.25 this week, whole new level of shit. :sick: There's only 1 way out though so keep going imo.

Going thru the same .. my thought are with all of you , I hope we can be the people that we look at thru the window someday.

yes.

I think about all of you daily. Best wishes.

I feel your pain..............Been on Xanax, 1.5 mg @ bedtime for almost 4 years..............I get all kinds of symptoms that turn on and off...........Burning skin, Gastrointestinal issues (mainly constipation) and the list goes on.

I tried one taper reducing by 25% and lasted 4 days.............Other than that, I keep putting it off because I'm afraid of the w/d's that could occur and being a dementia caregiver gives me a good excuse not to start.

I want off this crap asap.................Hang in there.

Going thru the same .. my thought are with all of you , I hope we can be the people that we look at thru the window someday.

yes.

I think about all of you daily. Best wishes.

I feel your pain..............Been on Xanax, 1.5 mg @ bedtime for almost 4 years..............I get all kinds of symptoms that turn on and off...........Burning skin, Gastrointestinal issues (mainly constipation) and the list goes on.

I tried one taper reducing by 25% and lasted 4 days.............Other than that, I keep putting it off because I'm afraid of the w/d's that could occur and being a dementia caregiver gives me a good excuse not to start.

I want off this crap asap.................Hang in there.

From the latest evidence if you don’t get off benzos there’s a very real possibility that you too will have dementia. That is why i’m tapering off. Don’t let fear try you from trying. Just go slow.... as slow as you need . I cut and hold for 3-4 weeks and it hasn’t been bad.dont let the horror stories psyche you out.

Granny woman,

Yes, my mom is the one with dementia and was on 5mg of Diazepam for close to 30 years at bedtime and even her Neurologist "admits" that it could be the primary cause of the illness............Nice eh?

So yes, I will be starting soon.

Still unsure on whether to do dry or liquid.

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...