2 months 19 days off Ativan

[Bu...]

Today has been 2 months 19 days off benzo. Oh gosh it has been such a long road. After getting off ativan there were a lot of period of momen't were I actually felt like myself again .I'm proud of myself for making it this far but I could have not done it without all you benzo buddies that were truly a life line to me and God. Most people will never come close to comprehending all the suffering we have endured sometimes in silence mentally physically and emotionally it is a constant battle for your own life with constant fear and worry it's one of the most loniless places someone can be. And the pain is real and the emotions are real and most people that haven't gone through withdrawal probably make it seem like it's no big deal. But after looking back everything was real our bodies were not functioning properly the way they should . But yes there is hope in all of this that it's only temporary and that's what kept me fighting was hope!

I do have to admit that I have started drinking but only socially I want to be normal again and I felt I was doing good after taking my lat benzo. But I might have been wrong it has been little over a week and I have had alcohol some msg and green tea which I belive all can Rev you up. Right now I'm in a bit of fear just because I don't know if my symptoms are being caused by me introducing alcohol in my system I was already feeling pretry damn good until recently few days ago . Right before bed when I'm ready to go to bed sometimes I get intrusive thoughts or weird picture thoughts in my head . And recently it has happened during the day sometimes I feel like I might be going crazy I feel very depressed because of this and one thing I have still struggled is memory and cognition at times I'm very forgetful and I feel like it's going to interfere in my personal relationships and my job it has already in my job. I don't know why im feeling this way . I did feel this way couple weeks back but then I was fine. What is wrong with me . How long will this last

Congrats butterfly,

Im not far behind you. Im just over one month off. I know we are all in a hurry to get back to a "normal" life, but I wouldn't push it to hard. From everything Ive read alcohol can really set you back and slow your healing. Think about all the hard work you put in to getting off Ativan. I know its tempting to want to go back to how it was before we ever took that first pill, but I think patience and time is the name of the game. Let yourself heal fully. Id love to sit around the fire and enjoy a cold beer, but I plan to hold off at least a year after I have fully healed. Think back to all the pain and suffering you've been through. Give yourself some more time to heal and you will be able to look back and say , "I won!" And that class of wine or cold beer will taste that much better! But until then be easy on yourself and dont push to hard. Youll be back to living life before you know it! Conrats again on how far you've come and keep on fighting!

Warmly,

Fp1984

Also, I think some of your other symptoms are a nprmal part of withdrawal. The depression and intrusive thoughts will come and go. Youll have good days and bad days, but as time goes on the symptoms will ease up and the good days will outnumber the bad days. Ive noticed this at one month out. I can feel great one day and depressed and dizzy the next. I took off work one day this week because I felt awful - dizzy and depressed, but the next day was one of the best days Ive had since jumping. Listen to everyone on this forum and believe that we WILL heal. Remember, time is our best friend in this journey. Let the brain heal in its on time and be easy on yourself .

Take care,

Fp1984

Congratulations!

You are doing great, but I would get on a wagon for a few months just to be sure.

I understand, i Had to turn down a shot the other day from a highly respected professional, but my hangovers are pretty awful these days.

Congrats butterfly,

Im not far behind you. Im just over one month off. I know we are all in a hurry to get back to a "normal" life, but I wouldn't push it to hard. From everything Ive read alcohol can really set you back and slow your healing. Think about all the hard work you put in to getting off Ativan. I know its tempting to want to go back to how it was before we ever took that first pill, but I think patience and time is the name of the game. Let yourself heal fully. Id love to sit around the fire and enjoy a cold beer, but I plan to hold off at least a year after I have fully healed. Think back to all the pain and suffering you've been through. Give yourself some more time to heal and you will be able to look back and say , "I won!" And that class of wine or cold beer will taste that much better! But until then be easy on yourself and dont push to hard. Youll be back to living life before you know it! Conrats again on how far you've come and keep on fighting!

Warmly,

Fp1984

Dear Fp 1984

Wow you are so right. It's so easy to want to have a "normal life" I thank you because your right I do need to continue to let my body heal and yes I cannot let all the hard work go to waste. Just thinking and looking back right now made me realize that I should of been happy just the way I was I shouldn't have asked for more because I was already healing  and that is better than bunch of glasses of wine or beer. It's amazing how the right words at the right time always come to help to those who need it. I'm going to stop any drinking and continue to let myself heal. I know it has affected me I'm more sensetive and it's just not worth it!  I had meal earlier and I think it was salty and just with that I'm already experiencing shortness of breath and anxiety because of it. It's either the food itself or that it was too salty because I have shortness of breath this sucks really bad I cant go to bed because of it.  I'm ready to make a change and leave this all behind because I really want to continue to heal fully.

Wondering how long after our last benzo's do we heal.

And congratulations on being benzo free !!!! :yippee:

Way to go ! I wish for you to continue to have a full and successful healing

I pray these waves go away soon

Thank you once more  :smitten::thumbsup:

Love, Butterfly

im starting my ativan taper soon  but i have a friend who is basically a benzo guru  he helps ppl all over the us  n runs a facebook group  he came off of 6mg of xanax  which is like 12mg of atvian  he told me to research this one time about alcohol and benzos  so i did and alcohol  works just like a benzo does on your gaba receptor  that is why you hit a bump in the road  STAY AWAY FROM ALCOHOL until your 100 percent healed and even then i would not trust it when alcoholics go to detox or rehab and when there going through withdrawls they are perscribed valium  see the connection  just wanted to share the info but congrats on your taper and being benzo free hope this post helps you