Any Canadians here?

[Mo...]

Well hello God help me,

Thank you for responding to my post.

I’m currently being weaned off Ativan but my doc wants nothing to do with the Ashton method and I fear she’s going to mess me up.  I’m trying to find out if there are any local doctors I could work with who use the method and who are benzowise.

Are you being followed by a doc using the method?

The doctors here are totally clueless. I asked my dr to bridge me over to Valium because it is suggested in Ashton and supposed to make for a smoother taper.

I didn't know The conversion was to be done very slowly and he switdhed me over all at once. My body is in shock and it has deepened my depression greatly. Valium intensifies depression.

I would have never don ever it had I known.

Hey Colley, Sufferingsixty...nice to have Canadian company!

Godhelpme I agree.  My doc did the same thing, said it would cover any symptoms.  The first 3 days was tolerable but 4th and 5th days I was like a zombie...I had Ativan leftover so I restarted it.  When I told her she said that it was because I was high as it was stronger than Ativan.  Not being able to get off the couch because you’re so depressed and unable to even think straight is not being high. 

I’m so sorry this happened to you.  Have you stayed on it and are you feeling any relief at all?

I was in Canada when this whole ordeal started, I was in Penticton when I was given ativan and lexapro for a traumatic brain injury. Then spent a lot of time in Whistler. Unfortunately I had to come back to Ireland due to my health issues. I was having the time of my life before this started unfortunately it has been a little tainted by what came after. Lovely part of the world I hope to return to when my health allows it.

Hi Gooner,

I see from your sig that you are starting to make some small progress towards health.  What an incredible ordeal, especially when you were "overseas"

It's funny how validating it is, and comforting somehow to know that there are others that are close by geographically, spell colour properly  :laugh: and know what Boxing Day is....

Godhelpme:  Can you make a sig when you can?  It really helps others know what you are going through.

I am having good results from a supplement that is not available in Canada -- luckily the US is not so far away....

:smitten: :smitten:

SS

What is the supplement please?

It is Lithium Orotate.  Not to be confused with lithium carbonate that is by prescription only.  It is a fairly benign mineral salt -- and is allowing me to taper .

PM if you want more details or I'll start at thread on Alternative board.

Re..cross over to Valium...how did that go....it has made me extreme suicidal and depressed.  Wish I could,switch back to lorazopam.

May I ask how long you’ve been on it now, the Valium I mean?

That sucks...the same happened to me.  I guess you don’t get the interdose withdrawals anymore though?  I hope things brighten up for you soon ❤️

It is Lithium Orotate.  Not to be confused with lithium carbonate that is by prescription only.  It is a fairly benign mineral salt -- and is allowing me to taper .

Hey SS... just an FYI, you can get this at iherb.ca if you're interested in another source.

Hey SS... just an FYI, you can get this at iherb.ca if you're interested in another source.

Thanks Colley,

I'll look it up.

I WOULD LIKE MORE DETAILS PLEASE

Thanks Colley,

I'll look it up.

Hi Colley

the only iherb I could find is iherb.com and they ship from the US. They do ship to Canada I'm just trying to minimize customs and all....

:) :)

I'm from Ottawa. I haven't found a single benzo-wise doctor here and maybe 1 decent doctor out of 9 that I've seen. They all try to prescribe z-drugs or antidepressant crap. They are surprised when you say you don't want the pharma poison.

There's also another Canadian thread http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?topic=124661.msg2753223#msg2753223

Maybe we can unite :)

Thanks dataguy....it also blows my mind how few doctors know about the Ashton manual.  I did find a private recovery institute but there’s no way I could afford their $395/day fee for 30 days spread throughout the taper.  I lowered from 1.5 to 1.25mg Ativan with little difficulty so let’s see how this goes.  I’ve heard of people being able to come off with relatively little discomfort.

I like your idea, let’s unite!

Thank you for the link to the other thread..pm me if you’d like to chat more!

Cheers 😜

• 1 month later...

Hi Everyone

Newbie here. Hamilton, Ontario. Theres a nice pain dr in Burlington that is working with me. He recommends slow cuts CBd, acupuncture and diet.