Can someone direct me to resources to learn more about tolerance withdrawal?

[He...]

It's been 18 months since my C/T and I'm wondering why I haven't seen any significant improvements. I know there's no rhyme or reason to any of this, and everyone's journey is different. But I'm wondering if tolerance withdrawal might be playing a factor in this since I was on a low dose when I C/T and I had such an extreme reaction. Any feedback and/or connection to resources with more information is appreciated.

It's been 18 months since my C/T and I'm wondering why I haven't seen any significant improvements. I know there's no rhyme or reason to any of this, and everyone's journey is different. But I'm wondering if tolerance withdrawal might be playing a factor in this since I was on a low dose when I C/T and I had such an extreme reaction. Any feedback and/or connection to resources with more information is appreciated.

Some of us take longer to heal than others especially when CT. 18 months is not really that long of a time if you CT and are sensitive.

Here is a link: Tolerance & Relative Withdrawal

Some of us take longer to heal than others especially when CT. 18 months is not really that long of a time if you CT and are sensitive.

What would be considered a "long" time for someone in tolerance withdrawal? I'm sorry, but that link was kind of hard for me to understand. I didnt really get where it was explaining what tolerance withdrawal is. Can you give me a brief description in simple terms?

What would be considered a "long" time for someone in tolerance withdrawal? I'm sorry, but that link was kind of hard for me to understand. I didnt really get where it was explaining what tolerance withdrawal is. Can you give me a brief description in simple terms?

The time frame it takes for one to begin to experience tolerance withdrawal symptoms will vary individually. No "one size fits all". I was in tolerance and experiencing withdrawal symptoms for over 10 years and had no idea until I became "benzo wise".

The way I understand it is "tolerance" is when you are taking a therapeutic dose of benzo & it stops working. At this point one starts to experience "withdrawal" symptoms with out actually withdrawing their dose.

Hope this helps....

The time frame it takes for one to begin to experience tolerance withdrawal symptoms will vary individually. No "one size fits all". I was in tolerance and experiencing withdrawal symptoms for over 10 years and had no idea until I became "benzo wise".

The way I understand it is "tolerance" is when you are taking a therapeutic dose of benzo & it stops working. At this point one starts to experience "withdrawal" symptoms with out actually withdrawing their dose.

Hope this helps....

Thanks, that makes sense. That does sounds like what I might have been going through for at least a year before I C/T. I actually C/T because I thought that the medication wasn't working anymore so I thought there was no point to taking it anymore. Boy, was I wrong. I just wonder why tolerance withdrawal takes so much longer to heal once we are off the medication altogether. I feel like healing would accelerate in that instance, but it seems like tolerance withdrawal takes so much longer, and I don't understand why. 

Hope this helps....

Thanks, that makes sense. That does sounds like what I might have been going through for at least a year before I C/T. I actually C/T because I thought that the medication wasn't working anymore so I thought there was no point to taking it anymore. Boy, was I wrong. I just wonder why tolerance withdrawal takes so much longer to heal once we are off the medication altogether. I feel like healing would accelerate in that instance, but it seems like tolerance withdrawal takes so much longer, and I don't understand why. 

I personally do not think tolerance withdrawal factors in to the healing equation. Seeing how you did a Ct, I tend to think it is just going to take  awhile for things to heal for you. Try to focus on the symptoms that have left and/or improved and just "be ok with not being ok" ...this is actually one of the strategies that worked for me  :thumbsup:

Is that your german shepard in your avatar? He is cute! :smitten:

Hope this helps....

I personally do not think tolerance withdrawal factors in to the healing equation. Seeing how you did a Ct, I tend to think it is just going to take  awhile for things to heal for you. Try to focus on the symptoms that have left and/or improved and just "be ok with not being ok" ...this is actually one of the strategies that worked for me  :thumbsup:

I see that you did a taper over a year and a half, I'm sure that helped over all with your healing. I wish I had the preknowledge to understand how terrible it is to do a C/T off psychiatric medication. But coulda, woulda, shoulda right? How long did it take for you to heal over all including your taper? Do you still have any lingering symptoms? I only took the medication for a little over a year and a half, but I guess that was long enough to do some pretty serious damage.

Hope this helps....

I see that you did a taper over a year and a half, I'm sure that helped over all with your healing. I wish I had the preknowledge to understand how terrible it is to do a C/T off psychiatric medication. But coulda, woulda, shoulda right? How long did it take for you to heal over all including your taper? Do you still have any lingering symptoms? I only took the medication for a little over a year and a half, but I guess that was long enough to do some pretty serious damage.

I actually Ct/rapid tapered then reinstated. It took a total of 1 1/2 years to ct/taper then about 5 years off intil I'd say I was mostly healed, I still have some neurological issues that my doctor claims are from Cipro, but who really knows  :-\

Yes, I have read quite a few stories where shorter term users have significant lingering symptoms. I guess it just takes longer for some of us to heal.

Tolerance WD is confusing. I did not know it existed until I started learning more here on BB. I realized that I had been in TW for many years (I took benzos for 30 years-). What I recall is increases in anxiety, plus a weird feeling of "not being right."

Once I got OFF benzos. my life became normal again and I slowly began to realize that TWD had probably been affecting me for many years. Since I did not know this could happen (and I am an RN!) I didnt start to put it all together until I had healed from benzos.

This stuff IS confusing, but do not let it stop you from healing. Healing does happen but at your special rate. Everyone is different.

east