Unbearable symptoms tapering Lorazepam (Anoushka)

[Ji...]

Hi Anoushka :smitten:

Anoushka wrote: I have been trying to learn about my situation, since day one here. Also, I have been shy on open forum, as I do not know how to offer advise to anyone, and feel like I take advantage of the kindness, and I contribute nothing in return.  :(

So a long time passes, and I do not post, unless my symptoms become unbearable, and I am unable to cope. Such as now  :'(

Please ask me your questions, where you feel most comfortable,

Please answer the following questions:

1. When did you take your first benzo? Name? Brand? Doses? Tablet or Liquid? Tablet size?

2. What was the reason why Benzo has been prescribed?

3. What effect did it first do? Did it address your problem?

4. Why and when did you start to taper? Lack of effect? Adverse effects?

5. How did you taper? By tablet splitting? Could you put the reduction in figures (Eg: 1/4 of a tablet every month, 0.05 mg/14 days or 10% every 10 days...)?

6. Did you take any other drug(s) in parallele? If yes, what are they? Why do you take them? In which doses?

7. Are you tapering those drugs in the same time you taper benzo?

8. Are you taking herbs, supplements, vitamin...?

9. When and what (mg) was your last benzo cut? Were you having symptoms while you cut?

10. At what benzo daily dose are you now? Please explain how many times a day, at what time, the quantity of each dose (mg).

11. Please explain the symptoms as related to the doses taken. Does it seem to be any relationship between the increase/diminution of symptoms and the moment you took your different doses?

12. Please feel free to add any other details that might be useful for the investigation.

I will stop here. I'll have more questions as we proceed.

:hug:

Hello I'm sorry you're having a hard time. Sometimes it helps just for someone else to respond and tell you you're not alone. I'll try and answer your questions the best I can.

I started taking a benzo in early 2013 ( xanax .5 3 x a day ) after 3.5 years was switched to klonopin for 2 years. My dise on that was .5 twice per day.

They were both prescribed for anxiety.

At first they worked and helped the anxiety.

I was thinking about getting off a benzo because it stopped working and I noticed memory problems. I was also not told of the side effects and dependence issues. New doctor took over and I didn't feel like going over everything with hi. So I tapered with my last bottle.

I try speed by pill splitting. Each .5 pill was split and I took away 1/4 of the pill every 2 weeks.

Nothing else was taken.

I only take magnesium now. I use to take a fish oil but it seems to make my symptoms worse and cause waves of symptoms to return.

My last dose was early Oct. I went ahead and quit taking it because once I was down that low I was already experiencing bad withdrawals so I said to hell with it and get on with it.

I'm not on anything now.

In all honestly things didn't get bad for me till that last couple weeks of my taper. I honestly didn't have a tough time till th last bit. Then all hell broke loose.

I'm doing better. I still have waves. Today actually. But I feel more prepared and experienced enough to handle them. I hope this helps. Feel free to ask more questions. Also font feel bad about not giving advise right now. When I first found this forum I was in such a bad state I could give advise...I didn't know what to do.....j just asked others for help at that time.

Hi dear Jim, I am deeply grateful for your efforts, to try and help me  :smitten:

Here we go .. I will do my best, as my cognitive ability has suffered  :(

1. When did you take your first benzo? Name? Brand? Doses? Tablet or Liquid? Tablet size?

In 2008, I was diagnosed with Hyperthyroid. The GP at the time, prescribed the appropriate meds for the diagnosis, but loaded me with inappropriate meds, such as Prozac, and Lorazepam.

I had not taken pharma meds before, and was not happy to take these.

Needless to say that I was ignorant about the type of meds these were, and never asked why I was to take them, as there were no issues of depression or anxiety. I trusted the doctor, no question :(

As soon as I started the Prozac I was having terrible issues. The doctor added Paxil to offset what I was suffering. I never took the Lorazepam, but had the prescription.

It was Sandoz, 0.5mg tablets.

I continued having troubles with the AD'S, and started to realize that maybe I needed a second opinion.

This search led me to see several different specialty doctors, including psyche doctors, who made things even worse, by switching cold turkey from one AD to the next, upping the doses, and finally ending up with  Lexapro and Zoloft.

At the end of this ordeal, I ended up with Serotonin Syndrome, and again being ignorant, I ended up in a Detox facility, where two AD's were dropped in 15 days! This was in January of 2013.

My nightmare continued  :'(

Answered above ..

I started taking the benzo in 2012, while going through the AD troubles.

With no proper guidance, I took as needed, maybe twice, or 3 times a day. My memory fails me there.

I was in so much distress, that I did not feel that it was helping me in any way.

And so, the psyche I was seen at that time, upped the dose to 2mgs per day.

I need a bit of time to research this question, so please bear with me ..

5. How did you taper? By tablet splitting? Could you put the reduction in figures (Eg: 1/4 of a tablet every month, 0.05 mg/14 days or 10% every 10 days...)?

6. Did you take any other drug(s) in parallele? If yes, what are they? Why do you take them? In which doses?

9. When and what (mg) was your last benzo cut? Were you having symptoms while you cut?

10. At what benzo daily dose are you now? Please explain how many times a day, at what time, the quantity of each dose (mg).

11. Please explain the symptoms as related to the doses taken. Does it seem to be any relationship between the increase/diminution of symptoms and the moment you took your different doses?

12. Please feel free to add any other details that might be useful for the investigation.

Hi dear Jim, I am deeply grateful for your efforts, to try and help me  :smitten:

In 2008, I was diagnosed with Hyperthyroid. The GP at the time, prescribed the appropriate meds for the diagnosis, but loaded me with inappropriate meds, such as Prozac, and Lorazepam.

Needless to say that I was ignorant about the type of meds these were, and never asked why I was to take them, as there were no issues of depression or anxiety. I trusted the doctor, no question :(

As soon as I started the Prozac I was having terrible issues. The doctor added Paxil to offset what I was suffering. I never took the Lorazepam, but had the prescription.

I continued having troubles with the AD'S, and started to realize that maybe I needed a second opinion.

This search led me to see several different specialty doctors, including psyche doctors, who made things even worse, by switching cold turkey from one AD to the next, upping the doses, and finally ending up with  Lexapro and Zoloft.

At the end of this ordeal, I ended up with Serotonin Syndrome, and again being ignorant, I ended up in a Detox facility, where two AD's were dropped in 15 days! This was in January of 2013.

Answered above ..

With no proper guidance, I took as needed, maybe twice, or 3 times a day. My memory fails me there.

I was in so much distress, that I did not feel that it was helping me in any way.

And so, the psyche I was seen at that time, upped the dose to 2mgs per day. In 2013, I joined an AD forum for support.

I need a bit of time to research this question, so please bear with me ..

I am tapering Lorazepam, and my daily dose is 1.182 mgs.

I am using a daily taper, cutting .001mgs per day, with holds as needed.

Is it a direct taper by using a gram scale or is it by liquid taper? Could you please explain how you managed to cut 0.001 mg/day?

Answered above ..

I was sickened of having taken pharma drugs that made me ill, and wanted to get rid of them.

Also because it seemed that I was not being helped with the AD problems.

And so, while at the AD forum, a benzo wise member came up with a taper schedule for me.

It was a dry cut taper, weighing and cutting tablets. I was on 5 doses a day, to minimize Interdose Withdrawals I was told.

When I joined Benzobuddies, I was advised  that I needed to change the taper.

And so using dry cutting, I tapered .125mgs, or 5% my notes say.

This was a large cut for me, and I went through terrible symptoms.

The next cut was 2 weeks later, of .0625mgs, and held for 8 weeks, as I was very sick again :(

"I have been paralyzed by a swarm of profound, and horrific symptoms. As time passes,

more symptoms appear making this completely debilitating". I wrote in my notes.

I do not take any other drugs, and have not..

Yes, and have, for a very long time. I take Vitamin C, Magnesium, CoQ10, Turmeric, Omega3.

Answered above ..

I was sickened of having taken pharma drugs that made me ill, and wanted to get rid of them.

And so, while at the AD forum, a benzo wise member came up with a taper schedule for me.

It was a dry cut taper, weighing and cutting tablets. I was on 5 doses a day, to minimize Interdose Withdrawals I was told.

The next cut was 2 weeks later, of .0625mgs, and held for 8 weeks, as I was very sick again :(

"I have been paralyzed by a swarm of profound, and horrific symptoms. As time passes,

Yes, and have, for a very long time. I take Vitamin C, Magnesium, CoQ10, Turmeric, Omega3.

In 2014, I met a lovely member here, who had an understanding about tapering, and felt sympathetic to my situation.

She took over my taper, and asked me to updose to 2.2mgs per day.

Then she taught me how to use a micropipette, and how to prepare my solution.

It was and has been, dissolving 22 0.5mg tablets, into 11mls of Vodka.

This makes a solution to last 5 days.

The schedule was to drop .001mgs per day, and hold as needed.

She would send me printed sheets with my schedule.

The date, Starting dose, Less .001mg per day, Divided by 4 doses ( ML), Each dose in Microlitters.

July1 2014/2.2/2.199/0.5498/549.75 for example..

July2 2014/2.198/0.5498/549.75 and so on ..

I have been using this to this day. I usually taper for 20-30 days, and hold for 10-20 days.

I go this slow, as I am frightened for symptoms to catch up to me, and suffer..

But they have caught up :(

I am holding at 1.169mgs, since Nov, the 4th 2018

I take 4 doses, each, every 6 hours. At 6:30am, 12:30pm, 6:30pm, 12:30am..

The quantity when I went into holding was: 0.29225ML/292.25microlitters

You broke my heart with what you have been enduring since 2008 :(. I can tell you however that what happened to you is common as read in here and in the net. Health professionals do not always have a clear idea on the interaction between different psychotropic meds (Eg: Between Prozac (fluoxetine) and Paxil (paroxetine) or in the worst case between Zoloft (sertraline), Lexapro (escitalopram)). It is sufficient to enter these last two ADs to https://drugs.com/drug_interactions.html and find the RED MAJOR RISK of taking these two meds together.

In addition, the lack of knowledge in AD/Benzo withdrawal push doctors to add error over error by abruptly disrupting meds like in your case in the detox facility when symptoms became unbearable. Your CNS already destabilized by adverse meds combination simply cannot afford this new agression. Symptoms not only are a sign that you must stop to harm yourself but fortunately they also mean that your CNS is working hard to restore the equilibrium. This temporary state of disequilibrium and disruption in your CNS can lead to a variety of physical, emotional, cognitive and mental problems.

I must deduce that at that time you were taking 2.5 mg of Lorazepam?

more symptoms appear making this completely debilitating"

As you are using a 0.5 mg tablet and you were splitting them to 4 quarters of 0.125 mg each, how did you manage to further reduce to 1/8 (0.0625 mg) at a time? :o . How the precision has been enforced?

In 2014, I met a lovely member here, who had an understanding about tapering, and felt sympathetic to my situation.

Commercial Vodka is 80 proof and contains 40% of alcohol (the other 60% being water). Pharma companies use 1 ml of Ethanol (pure alcohol) to dissolve 1 mg of Lorazepam. That means for every mg of benzo you will need about 2 ml of Vodka to completely dissolve the med. In your case by using 11 ml of Vodka for 11 mg of benzo, I fear the insufficient quantity of alcohol will not entirely dissolve your benzo. As a consequence the solution you've discarded might not have contained the planned discarded quantity. By the way, how much water did you add to 11 ml of Vodka to make up the final volume?

The schedule was to drop .001mgs per day

Over 2.2 mg daily dose, that means a reduction of 0.6% every 14 days. It is definitely a tiny reduction that confirms that it has LITTLE TO DO with your current symptoms. For your information, the general recommendations for most taperers are to reduce between 5-10% every 10-14 days. Said differently, had you cut or not, in my opinion symptoms would remain the same.

I am holding at 1.169mgs, since Nov, the 4th 2018.

I take 4 doses, each, every 6 hours. At 6:30am, 12:30pm, 6:30pm, 12:30am.

Do you have any sleep problem? Is there any reason for the 12:30am dose that keeps you awake late in the evening? If it was to prevent inter-dose withdrawal, then know that the average elimination half-life of Lorazepam is about 12 hours with peak concentrations in plasma approximately 2 hours following administration. Should you take 3 doses a day then the time between each dose (8 hours) could be still acceptable. To alleviate your burden, would you like to consider: 6:30am, 3:30pm, 10:30pm or similar? A number of buddies actually seem to feel less symptoms during sleep. If it is also your case then the time between 2 doses, before sleep and wake-up, can be kept a little bit longer compared to the other two.

Your case is not unique. Many more buddies than you can expect have gone through what you are experiencing. Very slowly some of those poly-drugged users managed to come out of the mess. Like many other buddies read in here you will feel better as you hold. Your body has that capability to repair harms inflicted, from both outside and inside. This is by inheriting an evolution of half million of years where human kind has survived to become the marvelous mechanism it is today. Give it time and let it repair itself. We can certainly help by not interfering with its work. The unsettling symptoms are a sign that your body is fighting its way to get stabilized again.

You should not think to taper when you are under these rough symptoms. This would come to put extra workload on the already destabilized CNS. Avoid to fall into the easy trap where the last dose would free you from all the miseries. It will not. You will not necessarily be free after the last dose. It is sufficient to read from the Post-withdrawal Recovery Support board. To taper must ultimately be a matter of:

- getting rid of the drug

- while remaining functional with manageable symptoms in the day-to-day activities

- and keeping minimized any risk for protracted symptoms

Hello I'm sorry you're having a hard time. Sometimes it helps just for someone else to respond and tell you you're not alone. I'll try and answer your questions the best I can.

I started taking a benzo in early 2013 ( xanax .5 3 x a day ) after 3.5 years was switched to klonopin for 2 years. My dise on that was .5 twice per day.

They were both prescribed for anxiety.

At first they worked and helped the anxiety.

I was thinking about getting off a benzo because it stopped working and I noticed memory problems. I was also not told of the side effects and dependence issues. New doctor took over and I didn't feel like going over everything with hi. So I tapered with my last bottle.

I try speed by pill splitting. Each .5 pill was split and I took away 1/4 of the pill every 2 weeks.

Nothing else was taken.

I only take magnesium now. I use to take a fish oil but it seems to make my symptoms worse and cause waves of symptoms to return.

My last dose was early Oct. I went ahead and quit taking it because once I was down that low I was already experiencing bad withdrawals so I said to hell with it and get on with it.

I'm not on anything now.

In all honestly things didn't get bad for me till that last couple weeks of my taper. I honestly didn't have a tough time till th last bit. Then all hell broke loose.

I'm doing better. I still have waves. Today actually. But I feel more prepared and experienced enough to handle them. I hope this helps. Feel free to ask more questions. Also font feel bad about not giving advise right now. When I first found this forum I was in such a bad state I could give advise...I didn't know what to do.....j just asked others for help at that time.

Dear Mk,

You are not ignored, I was just wrapped up in my misery, that I am a bit late responding to you.

Thank you for writing, I am saddened that you are going through these unpleasant circumstances  :(

Please follow Jim's wise guidance here, as you may be helped too.

Wishing you healing blessings.

Love, Anoushka  :smitten:

Hi Anu... :)

Hang in there Buddy... It WILL get better... You are a strong one...

:)

-Thanks Jim

Aww, dear Cant  :smitten:

Thank you for stopping here  :hug:

I feel content and blessed, that Jim is guiding me through this nightmare 🙏

You stay well too,

Holding you in healing prayer 🙏

Love, Anoushka  :hug:

-Thanks Jim

You stay well too,

Anu, I agree with Cant, you are in good hands here, and I know you will get better. Stay Strong. 💖 Peace and Healing. :smitten:

-Thanks Jim

You stay well too,

Thanks Anu, You have many people in your corner, all supporting you and wishing you the very best..!!

Hi to Dear BG also, -and good night to All...

Answered above ..

The date, Starting dose, Less .001mg per day, Divided by 4 doses ( ML), Each dose in Microlitters.

I have been using this to this day. I usually taper for 20-30 days, and hold for 10-20 days.

This is not consistent, and gives me much grief, compromises my well being, and I become unwell and frightened  :'(  After all this time, I have been unable to deal with, and defeat it  :(

At times, when I take the dose, I feel my heart jumping, and PVC'S starting after a few minutes. My body has weakness, jaw tremors, my head has pressure, I am unable to walk, and I cannot stop crying as I feel that this is it.

My last day on earth  :(

Other times, the dose makes me feel better, especially because I start feeling symptoms about an hour prior to dosing.

I seem to be a bit more able to function in the mornings, than late afternoons and evenings.

Afternoons and evenings, I get unable to function, as all symptoms come calling, multiply in intensity, and I find myself in a state of panic, unbelievable anxiety, heart and brain issues, dizziness, uncontrolled crying, and this horrific state where I cannot sit still. I feel the need to jump out of my skin, and start running  :'(

Complete meltdown  :'( Even after having taken my 6:30pm dose.

For some reason, I start feeling a bit better, after having something to eat.

I had this frightening meltdown two days ago, when I took a rescue dose hoping for relief.

Yesterday it was a bit more manageable, and I was able to cope a bit better.🙏

So I am all over the place, with no stability at any time. I can truly say, that all these years, I have not known peace. I have isolated from loved ones, or the other way around, struggle to be able to survive day to day, and to continue to be a member of the human race.

-Thanks Jim

You stay well too,

Anu, I agree with Cant, you are in good hands here, and I know you will get better. Stay Strong. 💖 Peace and Healing. :smitten:

You are so kind dear Be,  :hug:

Thank you for stopping here, to offer support and good will  :hug:

Wishing you healing blessings.

Love, Anoushka  :smitten:

You broke my heart with what you have been enduring since 2008 :(. I can tell you however that what happened to you is common as read in here and in the net. Health professionals do not always have a clear idea on the interaction between different psychotropic meds (Eg: Between Prozac (fluoxetine) and Paxil (paroxetine) or in the worst case between Zoloft (sertraline), Lexapro (escitalopram)). It is sufficient to enter these last two ADs to https://drugs.com/drug_interactions.html and find the RED MAJOR RISK of taking these two meds together.

In addition, the lack of knowledge in AD/Benzo withdrawal push doctors to add error over error by abruptly disrupting meds like in your case in the detox facility when symptoms became unbearable. Your CNS already destabilized by adverse meds combination simply cannot afford this new agression. Symptoms not only are a sign that you must stop to harm yourself but fortunately they also mean that your CNS is working hard to restore the equilibrium. This temporary state of disequilibrium and disruption in your CNS can lead to a variety of physical, emotional, cognitive and mental problems.

I must deduce that at that time you were taking 2.5 mg of Lorazepam?

I think that you are right, dear Jim  :-[

more symptoms appear making this completely debilitating"

As you are using a 0.5 mg tablet and you were splitting them to 4 quarters of 0.125 mg each, how did you manage to further reduce to 1/8 (0.0625 mg) at a time? :o . How the precision has been enforced?

I was using a jeweler's scale, and was weighing the cuts. Also, I had a splitter that allowed to cut the 1/4 tablets smaller. I had to pay attention because the pieces would cut unevenly, and I had to pretty much eye the pieces and weigh them.

Commercial Vodka is 80 proof and contains 40% of alcohol (the other 60% being water). Pharma companies use 1 ml of Ethanol (pure alcohol) to dissolve 1 mg of Lorazepam. That means for every mg of benzo you will need about 2 ml of Vodka to completely dissolve the med. In your case by using 11 ml of Vodka for 11 mg of benzo, I fear the insufficient quantity of alcohol will not entirely dissolve your benzo. As a consequence the solution you've discarded might not have contained the planned discarded quantity. By the way, how much water did you add to 11 ml of Vodka to make up the final volume?

Jim, I was not advised to add water to the final volume :( Only to dilute the 22 tablets in 11ml of vodka.

Then draw my 4 doses for the day, into 4 jars and refrigerate.

When it is time to take a dose, I add water to the jar several times, shake and drink.

The schedule was to drop .001mgs per day

Over 2.2 mg daily dose, that means a reduction of 0.6% every 14 days. It is definitely a tiny reduction that confirms that it has LITTLE TO DO with your current symptoms. For your information, the general recommendations for most taperers are to reduce between 5-10% every 10-14 days. Said differently, had you cut or not, in my opinion symptoms would remain the same.

Because my cognitive ability has been compromised, and I do not follow math clearly :-[

please bear with me  :-[

Are you saying that when I get stable, to start cutting 5-10% every 10-14 days?

I am holding at 1.169mgs, since Nov, the 4th 2018.

I take 4 doses, each, every 6 hours. At 6:30am, 12:30pm, 6:30pm, 12:30am.

Do you have any sleep problem? Is there any reason for the 12:30am dose that keeps you awake late in the evening? If it was to prevent inter-dose withdrawal, then know that the average elimination half-life of Lorazepam is about 12 hours with peak concentrations in plasma approximately 2 hours following administration. Should you take 3 doses a day then the time between each dose (8 hours) could be still acceptable. To alleviate your burden, would you like to consider: 6:30am, 3:30pm, 10:30pm or similar? A number of buddies actually seem to feel less symptoms during sleep. If it is also your case then the time between 2 doses, before sleep and wake-up, can be kept a little bit longer compared to the other two.

I seem to be able to sleep around 5-6 hours .. So this allows me some sleep surprisingly :angel:

Yes please, I would like nothing more than to be able to alleviate these symptoms.

I would follow your suggestions, even with my eyes closed.

Your case is not unique. Many more buddies than you can expect have gone through what you are experiencing. Very slowly some of those poly-drugged users managed to come out of the mess. Like many other buddies read in here you will feel better as you hold. Your body has that capability to repair harms inflicted, from both outside and inside. This is by inheriting an evolution of half million of years where human kind has survived to become the marvelous mechanism it is today. Give it time and let it repair itself. We can certainly help by not interfering with its work. The unsettling symptoms are a sign that your body is fighting its way to get stabilized again.

I will follow your advise, and keep up with the hold ..

You should not think to taper when you are under these rough symptoms. This would come to put extra workload on the already destabilized CNS. Avoid to fall into the easy trap where the last dose would free you from all the miseries. It will not. You will not necessarily be free after the last dose. It is sufficient to read from the Post-withdrawal Recovery Support board. To taper must ultimately be a matter of:

- getting rid of the drug

- while remaining functional with manageable symptoms in the day-to-day activities

- and keeping minimized any risk for protracted symptoms

This will be a Blessing, if it was to happen for me  :'(

To remain functional, and join life .. I have not had any trust that this was possible.. I have lost all hope..

Thank you with all my heart, dear Jim .. :hug:

The Lord has finally heard my cries, and here you are.

God Bless you 🙏

Hi Anouska :smitten:

I was not advised to add water to the final volume :( Only to dilute the 22 tablets in 11ml of vodka.

Then draw my 4 doses for the day, into 4 jars and refrigerate.

When it is time to take a dose, I add water to the jar several times, shake and drink.

I must tell you that I'm perplex. In my knowledge, the idea behind a liquid taper is to:

1. take doses much smaller than a tablet splitting can allow

2. grant a higher precision than a dry cut via a gram scale can allow

3. take liquid with appropriate drug dilution (Eg: 0.1 mg/ml or 0.01 mg/ml) instead of tablets for the purposes of point 1 and 2

Unless I missed some important points, without a precise volume of water to add to the 11 mg of Vodka I fear there is something I can not grab with this way of preparing solution. This is because of:

1. The lack of alcohol needed (double quantity is required)

2. The resulting drug concentration of 1 mg/ml that makes the taper difficult when it comes to take doses smaller and smaller

The best solution would be to start the preparation of the solution with a prescribed Rx liquid. In our case it would be best if your GP can prescribe you with a Lorazepam Oral Concentrate for oral administration where 1 ml contains 2 mg of Lorazepam. From here by just adding precise volume of water, that we will talk about next time, we will prepare our solution of 0.1 mg/ml benzo concentration and taper with it. This method is to prefer as it could save you from any manipulation error while preparing the solution. Only when your GP refuses to prescribe Rx liquid then we will dissolve tablets with alcohol as a second choice.

As for your rough symptoms, from what I have read in here from several buddies in the same conditions, you will have to bear with them for some time. Following the past medical inappropriate treatments you are dealing now with an over-sensitized CNS. Whatever you do, be it a cut whatever small it is or no cut at all, will raise symptoms. Those symptoms have actually little to do with the cut. They are related to your CNS trying to adjust its chemistry and structure to try to return to homeostasis, a biochemical and functional balance. But saying the taper is playing irrelevant role in your symptoms does not mean that you can just abruptly disrupt your current dose of benzo. It would lead to a disaster as it is now an entire part of the CNS equilibrium. Your CNS in its ever-evolving activities to recover itself is known to create unsettling physical, emotional, cognitive and mental problems. Your taper might have played little or no role in the symptoms.

We know that each individual is so different from each other due to so many factors including the personality, lifestyle, life experience, specific vulnerabilities, and the (perhaps genetically determined) speed of one's recovery systems. For those reasons for someone symptoms may stabilize earlier or later than the others. What would be useful to highlight is that withdrawal can be tolerable when the user understands the cause and nature of any symptoms that do arise and is therefore not afraid. The psychological aspect in benzo tapering does play a huge role in reducing fear, worries, distress that sometimes push the taperer to run in all directions seeking for miracle remedy (AD/Beta-Blocker/SSRI/Sleep med/Cocaine/supplements/...) resulting in adverse interference with the already struggling CNS.

If you agree too, I would propose we proceed this way:

1. Contact your GP to obtain a prescribed Lorazepam liquid

2. Replace the current alcohol-dissolved 1 mg/ml solution with the new water-diluted Rx solution 0.1 mg/ml and understand how the body reacts. 2-4 weeks would be required.

3. Establish a very CONSERVATIVE taper plan to be used once symptoms become manageable. How slow will depend upon the result of point 2.

4. Fine tune the pace of the taper as we proceed

Hi dear Jim,

Thank you so much for all your efforts to make this right, and make it work.

I will ask the doctor for the Oral Concentrate, but I worry that he may not go along  :-\

We will see ..

Sorry that I went missing :( I continue to be in distress, with ongoing PVC's, elevated BP, pressure in the back of my head, sooo dizzy and unsteady, anxiety, unable to stop crying  :'(

Completely unable to shake this, and feel a bit better.

Thank you again, I am deeply grateful  :hug:

Love, Anoushka

Answered above ..

This is not consistent, and gives me much grief, compromises my well being, and I become unwell and frightened  :'(  After all this time, I have been unable to deal with, and defeat it  :(

At times, when I take the dose, I feel my heart jumping, and PVC'S starting after a few minutes. My body has weakness, jaw tremors, blurry vision, my head has tremendous pressure, I am unable to walk, anxiety is terrible, and I cannot stop crying as I feel that this is it.

My last day on earth  :(

Other times, the dose makes me feel better, especially because I start feeling symptoms about an hour prior to dosing.

I seem to be a bit more able to function in the mornings, than late afternoons and evenings.

Afternoons and evenings, I am unable to function, as all symptoms come calling, multiply in intensity, and I find myself in a state of panic, unbelievable anxiety, heart and brain issues, dizziness, uncontrolled crying, and this horrific state where I cannot sit still. I feel the need to jump out of my skin, and start running  :'(

Complete meltdown  :'( Even after having taken my 6:30pm dose.

For some reason, I start feeling a bit better, after having something to eat.

I had this frightening meltdown two days ago, when I took a rescue dose hoping for relief.

Yesterday it was a bit more manageable, and I was able to cope a bit better.🙏

So I am all over the place, with no stability at any time. I can truly say, that all these years, I have not known peace. I have isolated from loved ones, or the other way around, struggle to be able to survive day to day, and to continue to be a member of the human race.

Just want to jump in and tell all of you that its wonderful how you support and help each other.

I had no idea how to taper my 1001 meds and Lorazepam was the worst because the only way I thought there was -  was to make cuts of 1mg pills and I went too fast..

Anoushka, no matter what kind of taper you do, the liquid one seems to be better than to cut pills because its just not possible to do such little crumbs as needed. Lorazepam seems to be a benzo that is an ashole more than others. But on the other side I felt the difference between being on Lorazepam and being free of it much more intense than from other meds I tapered. So even if you need to walk through hell, after being free and being recovered the profit will be huge. In my case the abilities of the brain were on 150% then, my personality was completely back after 10 years without any humor for example I developed my old sarcastic humor again.. , and depression never has been so bad again as while being under lorazepam and in withdrawal from it.

Wishing you all here the best!  :smitten:

Never forget - its not YOU its withdrawal.

Yes, It sure is Amazing when the effects of benzos start to lift or fall away, and we get to see just how much we were affected, in so many ways that we couldnt realy tell while on the meds...

If we knew this for sure in advance, I think it would make it that much easier..!!

In the darkest hour, Trust that tapering is Very worth it..

Strength to ALL...

Why is it that all these symptoms are effecting mostly my head?

And why this intensity?

I have not had this to this degree in my head, and it does not change any.

It stays up there ..

Is it really going to go away? Have you seen this with other people?

From the different testimonials I happened to read, and I must have read several thousands of them here and elsewhere, one thing is certain: YOU DON'T NEGOTIATE WITH BENZO! It dictates alone its law and its way is mysterious, not linear, not easily understandable! Some days you may wake up in the morning like benzo has never been in your life then the day after you wake up in the thick of anxiety, lack of sleep, head pressure, dizziness, blurred vision, tinnitus, nausea... and wonder when this hell is going to have an end. Once I read about a buddie who, so tired to fight against awful symptoms, wished to dig a hole, crawl in it and ...die! This post let a scar in my psych that I recall that buddie's wish every time I read about rough taper like it is in your case. When you are in this harrowing ordeal, there is no light anywhere. All you can see around you is darkness and you believe there won't be any light beyond. But you are wrong. There is light. Just hidden by the thick curtain of fear, distress, despair, a cascade of mental, cognitive, emotional, sleep, and physical problems that can be utterly debilitating, disabling, and long-lasting following benzo damages. Benzo lies to you, it severely distorts feelings, thoughts and prevents you to see how things actually are.

Many posts I happened to read asked if symptoms improve while tapering. As replies a large number of buddies came up with their testimonials when somewhere in the middle of their taper they realized they've a got out of darkness a few glimpses of how they were before they took the first benzo dose long time ago. In few words, they heal during taper. All this frequently happened not in a linear manner but in a hiccup pattern, between waves and windows. One day you may wake up debilitated then feel fine the day after for 2 , 3 days then again back in the black mud. But be certain that the windows will be more and more numerous and you will be back functional in your day-to-day life. It takes time but you will come out healed like many buddies in here.

I can be tiring you with my same things repeated over and over. But in all this story, the key words are: time and acceptance. You proceed slowly and gently giving time for your CNS to restore its functional balance. During all this time, you will have to adapt your mindset. You will no longer be fighting against your symptoms. You just give up. You just accept them as part of your now conditions. As long as they do not disappear symptoms will be your companion in the daily life and not your enemy any more. This acceptance mysteriously has changed the life of many buddies and made things more bearable.

Hope your symptoms will give you some break.