Intro to statins while liquid tapering benzos

[mi...]

Hello,

Does anyone know if the introduction of a statin (atorvastation) used to lower cholesterol can affect my liquid titration and or subsequent withdrawal symptoms?

I cannot seem to find this information on the web and my dr knows NOTHING about this so I wanted to see if anyone on here introduced them while titrating down.

Thank you, middlechild67

I started taking atorvastatin while taking xanax. It had no effect. I continue to take atorvastatin while tapering xanax. My taper is going well.

Thank you Hopetodothis. I’m so glad your taper is going well for you!

May I also ask how many milliliters total that you started your taper with? Also, if you are using a solution (like vodka or PG) or a suspension (like milk or water) and lastly, if the withdrawals are bad or just mild?  Almost forgot, how many times a day to you dose?

I’m starting mine on December 1st with 1 mg of Clonazepam which is very similar to Xanax in strength.

May I also ask how many milliliters total that you started your taper with? Also, if you are using a solution (like vodka or PG) or a suspension (like milk or water) and lastly, if the withdrawals are bad or just mild?  Almost forgot, how many times a day to you dose?

I’m starting mine on December 1st with 1 mg of Clonazepam which is very similar to Xanax in strength.

I make a solution, 500 mL worth. I started by dissolving 5 mg xanax in 20 mL vodka, and adding 480 mL water. I was dosing 2 times per day, so the first day was 2 times 50 mL. I reduced each dose by one half mL every day.

When I got down to 0.8 mg a day (two times 0.4 mg), I made the solution more dilute. I put 4 mg xanax, 15 mL vodka, 485 mL water. I also started dosing more often during the day. I measured out the two 50 mL doses and put them in a small bottle which I use during the day, taking a swig out of it occasionally. I started reducing each dose my 1 mL each day (or a 2 mL reduction each day).

When I got down to 0.6 mg a day, I again made the solution more dilute using 3 mg xanax and went back up to 2 times 50 mL dosing, reducing each dose by 1 mL every day (a reduction of 2 mL every day).

Then when I got down to 0.4 mg a day, I again made the solution more dilute using 2 mg xanax, and went back up to 2 times 50 mL dosing each day, reducing the daily dose by 2 mL.

This is how I keep the percentage reduction the same. I use a more dilute solution and reduce by the same number of mL. At the beginning I was reducing by 10% every 10 days. But now I reduce by 20-25% every 10 days, all by making small reductions each day.

Symptoms, when they appear, are very mild. There have been a few holds as you can see from my signature. 7 to 10 days at the most for any hold. The hold at 0.8 mg or so seemed the hardest. Brain fog was pretty bad. I thought I couldn't work, but I came to work anyway. And my job is not at all challenging. But I just couldn't think. Like at all. Even driving was hard. Like I couldn't remember how to change lanes sometimes.

But then, it started getting better, and I tapered on through. Now that's all passed. The symptom bothering me the most now is the tinnitus. It's every day, but sporadic. Like suddenly I'll just realize how much my ears are ringing. That happens several times a day.

Now I'm at the 0.3 mg per day mark. Builder says when he got below 3 mg valium he sailed on through the rest of his taper, like the drug wasn't doing anything anymore. I'm hoping that means when I get to 0.15 mg xanax, that it will be a breeze after that.

statins are a scam. look into it. your brain needs cholesterol. it will mess up your healing.

in addition to being a big pharma scam, they have awful s/x.

I make a solution, 500 mL worth. I started by dissolving 5 mg xanax in 20 mL vodka, and adding 480 mL water. I was dosing 2 times per day, so the first day was 2 times 50 mL. I reduced each dose by one half mL every day.

When I got down to 0.8 mg a day (two times 0.4 mg), I made the solution more dilute. I put 4 mg xanax, 15 mL vodka, 485 mL water. I also started dosing more often during the day. I measured out the two 50 mL doses and put them in a small bottle which I use during the day, taking a swig out of it occasionally. I started reducing each dose my 1 mL each day (or a 2 mL reduction each day).

When I got down to 0.6 mg a day, I again made the solution more dilute using 3 mg xanax and went back up to 2 times 50 mL dosing, reducing each dose by 1 mL every day (a reduction of 2 mL every day).

Then when I got down to 0.4 mg a day, I again made the solution more dilute using 2 mg xanax, and went back up to 2 times 50 mL dosing each day, reducing the daily dose by 2 mL.

This is how I keep the percentage reduction the same. I use a more dilute solution and reduce by the same number of mL. At the beginning I was reducing by 10% every 10 days. But now I reduce by 20-25% every 10 days, all by making small reductions each day.

Symptoms, when they appear, are very mild. There have been a few holds as you can see from my signature. 7 to 10 days at the most for any hold. The hold at 0.8 mg or so seemed the hardest. Brain fog was pretty bad. I thought I couldn't work, but I came to work anyway. And my job is not at all challenging. But I just couldn't think. Like at all. Even driving was hard. Like I couldn't remember how to change lanes sometimes.

But then, it started getting better, and I tapered on through. Now that's all passed. The symptom bothering me the most now is the tinnitus. It's every day, but sporadic. Like suddenly I'll just realize how much my ears are ringing. That happens several times a day.

Now I'm at the 0.3 mg per day mark. Builder says when he got below 3 mg valium he sailed on through the rest of his taper, like the drug wasn't doing anything anymore. I'm hoping that means when I get to 0.15 mg xanax, that it will be a breeze after that.

Thank you so much! I’m hoping goes as well but Inthink I’m going to do a milk taper as I haven’t touched alcohol even in the smallest amounts since I started in benzos.

Good luck! I sure you’re going to sail on through. Thank you for answering all my questions. It’s nice to hear that someone is doing so well cutting!

Lisa

[ae...]
I was prescribed statins about 4 yrs ago and developed severe muscle pain and neuropathy over about 3 months, neuropathy never went away. I would hold off whilst in bwd. Dr advised me to take 500mg vitamin C daily instead as it assists in clearing cholesterol from the blood vessels whilst increasing good cholesterol at the same time.