Macrobid causing problems.

[Mu...]

I am about 1 and a 1/2 years off benzos and all other psych meds. I have been doing really well. Even tolerating coffee again. Started my painting business back up and everything.

A few days ago I was prescribed Macrobid for a uti and it is really effin my world up. The stomach pain and nausea is unreal. I feel weak and fatigued. I'm having back pain, I wasn't really having prior. The infection seems to be getting better and the culture confirmed that this drug would kill it, but my god.

I'm on day 3 of 5. I called the doc and she was like, well it could just be a normal side effect, or the infection could just not be going away. It's all triggering the crap out of me and I'm starting to feel a lot anxiety and helplessness. Doctors don't understand what I've been through and that I'm sensitive to things I wasn't before now. I dunno. I'm scared. Part of me just feels like I should suffer through because I don't know if I can handle being put on and jerked off med after med again like I was in the first place that started all my problems. I just don't know what I should do.

I was on Bactrim, and it's day 6 after it, and I'm still getting panic attacks that really up my bp when I lie down. The only thing I can say is tough it out, but I have decided that I'm taking Monurol (even though my insurance probably doesn't cover it) the next time I have a UTI. I feel as if it's still there. I was taking an IV antibiotic before that, and it was awful.

I was on Bactrim, and it's day 6 after it, and I'm still getting panic attacks that really up my bp when I lie down. The only thing I can say is tough it out, but I have decided that I'm taking Monurol (even though my insurance probably doesn't cover it) the next time I have a UTI. I feel as if it's still there. I was taking an IV antibiotic before that, and it was awful.

On second thought, I'm going to take D-Mannose Cleartract from Amazon and get the urine sticks (AZO) at CVS. I read teacher2's experience, and it seems good to me. I'm sick of regular antibiotics!!

Good luck to you!!!

On second thought, I'm going to take D-Mannose Cleartract from Amazon and get the urine sticks (AZO) at CVS. I read teacher2's experience, and it seems good to me. I'm sick of regular antibiotics!!

Good luck to you!!!

Thank.you! I am curious about D-mannose. Honestly wish I'd tried that first!

Am now trying unsweetened cranberry juice with ACV (the "mother"), hoping to get the rest of it. I bought D-Mannose and AZO urine strips, but I haven't used them yet. I guess too afraid to check just yet!

Have you checked into Monurol? That's popular with the Europeans. Why it isn't on insurance here, I don't know. But it's expensive. Some people on BB have taken it. However, who's to know what would work? I still feel as if the infection isn't quite done yet even after 2 rounds of antibiotics. I should check, though.

Am now trying unsweetened cranberry juice with ACV (the "mother"), hoping to get the rest of it. I bought D-Mannose and AZO urine strips, but I haven't used them yet. I guess too afraid to check just yet!

Have you checked into Monurol? That's popular with the Europeans. Why it isn't on insurance here, I don't know. But it's expensive. Some people on BB have taken it. However, who's to know what would work? I still feel as if the infection isn't quite done yet even after 2 rounds of antibiotics. I should check, though.

I just realized you're the same person I'm talking to on my other thread. 🙄 My brains ain't right. Literally. Lol. Yes that's how I feel. But i also had urinary symptoms when I was in acute so I honestly don't know what in earth to think.