Cut and hold Valium or micro taper QUESTION

[CM...]

I have a mortar and pestle and have been reducing my Valium the last week or so by crushing a few pills at a time and weighing out my dosage using a scale every day.

My question is, do I have to micro taper every single day with Valium being it has such a long half life, or could I just reduce by 5% every 2 weeks? I feel like micro tapering with Valium night not be as beneficial as just cutting by percentage and letting my body stabilize to that dosage.

When I reduce by .001 every day (weight, not milligrams) that scale can be off by .005 so it’s never going to be exactly accurate every single day. Reducing by the 5% I feel would be actually more accurate and give my body more time to stabilize at the new dosage. Or even just reduce 2.5% every week.

Thoughts on this please? Thank you!

A one-time cut of 5% will cause significantly greater discomfort than a series .5% cuts each day for 10 days.

Smaller cuts, more often, will always be a more tolerable.

I definitely agree with Builder.  I did not tolerate larger cuts well at all.  Once I started DLMT the horrible symptoms that I had with dry cutting faded and have pretty much gone away.  A much smoother ride down with DLMT.

Ok. I’ll stick with daily reductions. I’m on 4mgs. I want to taper 10% a month. How long (not taking into account days of holding) would it take to come off 2mgs. Is there a spreadsheet that I could do this on to see what each day my dose should be ?

A 2mg pill of mine on average weighs .169 - if I reduce by .001 it would take me 169 days to get off 2mgs. Does that seem like a good way to go about it?

Ok. I’ll stick with daily reductions. I’m on 4mgs. I want to taper 10% a month. How long (not taking into account days of holding) would it take to come off 2mgs. Is there a spreadsheet that I could do this on to see what each day my dose should be ?

A 2mg pill of mine on average weighs .169 - if I reduce by .001 it would take me 169 days to get off 2mgs. Does that seem like a good way to go about it?

Sounds like a plan :thumbsup:

Here is a program where you can Create Your Own Taper Plan by Jim Hawk It may be helpful if you check out the Help function prior to using the program.

If you need more help just ask ...we are here for you!  :thumbsup: