buring skin sensatation

[ju...]

ive been experiencing this for the last couple months it comes and go its very annoying and little painful  i get these feeling that last for sometimes hours that my skin is on fire mostly in my lower legs from the knee down . today ive had this for about 2 hours now in my legs and upper arms  does anyone else get this ? anything i can do to relieve that burning feeling

• 3 weeks later...

Wish I could help you with the burning issue. I have read that tricking your nerves can help sometimes. People do use Lycra, but it comes with its own risks.

As far as the burning, yes, it is pretty common in withdrawal. I had some episodes last week, mostly in the cheeks of my face.

I have this all the time. It is in the lower part of my legs, as you described. It's been basically the same the past four months and hasn't let up much. I haven't tried much to improve it. It might have been from exercising too hard this summer. No idea why it came on. It's mostly on my left side. It burns in the back of my leg and it almost itches.

Well, I’ve read for years that it can be like neuropathy where nerve die.

But it is very common in benzo withdrawal. A lot of people report this sx.

When one thinks about it as far as benzos, we have the gaba/glutamate system going on all the time. But benzos calm the gaba side down, and then maybe we get “too calmed down” since we’re talking about control of our entire nervous system.

So when we start taking the benzos away, even tiny amounts at a time as in microtapering, the glutamate side senses that, and goes into over action to compensate for being under stimulated by benzos. The CNS tries constantly to maintain a state of balance between gaba and glutamate all on its own without benzos even being involved.

We want to protect that balance as best we can, so getting off benzos is a good idea in my opinion.

And then once we are off, I do believe it may often take awhile for that balance to come fully back. The burning feeling may take awhile to let up, but it will eventually let up.

• 2 weeks later...

31 months out and I have burning head /scalp, No window. My burning is constant ... nothing gives me relief.

I never had anxiety before benzo in my life.

I have terrible burning/tingling in my legs. What really works for me is Arnica Gel by Boiron.  It’s cool and soothing as well.  I get it at the health food store.  Whole Foods has it. Maybe Amazon.