buring leg and arm pain

[ju...]

ive been experiencing this for the last couple months it comes and go its very annoying and little painful  i get these feeling that last for sometimes hours that my skin is on fire mostly in my lower legs from the knee down . today ive had this for about 2 hours now in my legs and upper arms  does anyone else get this ? anything i can do to relieve that burning feeling

Hey jumpman-

I had this when I was tapering. It went away eventually. I never dd find anything to relieve the pain..just dealt with it for a long time :-[ it will go away eventually hang in there....  :smitten:

Try redirecting the nerves for relief. In other words, do something extreme another area ( like cold or even pinching) and the burning sensation may dissipate. Just don’t hurt yourself!

:)HI Jumpman23,  Nerve pain/neuropathy (tingling, electrical shock sensations, "fire or burning", pins and needles) seems to be quite common, as well as insidious. There isn't much which seems to very effectively treat/relieve neuropathy pain, unfortunately and it's not a viable solution to use a lidocaine cream over such extended areas of your body :(  I have this also, 24/7...it's not constantly severe though.  you may try applying aspercream w/lidocaine just on the most severely affected areas and/or ice them, as well, w/a gel pack, making sure to have a cloth barrier between the pack itself and skin, 20 minutes at a time.  There are supplements which may help you, perhaps with better results than I've experienced.  B Vitamins (a B Complex) is important and especially B-12.  Also D-3.  And make sure to keep yourself adequately hydrated.  I left a post in the withdrawal and recovery support forum, wherein I mentioned supplements.  If I remember it correctly, I titled it Benzo Withdrawal Symptoms: Pain.  Physical and Cognitive/Sensory.  Heart.  I'm new here as I think you are too.  On your profile, on signature line that's where you can put your medication/withdrawal history.  I'd thought that was "Introductions" ???, but I received a message from one of the commentators that this info. goes on the "Signature".  Hope you'll get at least some relief with the nerve pain..good luck :thumbsup: