CURED from doing Keto!!

[pi...]

I wouldn't mind giving keto a go because I'm getting weird sensitivities even from healthy foods. Yesterday I ate a salad and felt worse afterwards. No sauce or spices apart from salt. Just carrot, cucumber, avacado, cherry tomatoes. So confused by this.

I wouldn't mind giving keto a go because I'm getting weird sensitivities even from healthy foods. Yesterday I ate a salad and felt worse afterwards. No sauce or spices apart from salt. Just carrot, cucumber, avacado, cherry tomatoes. So confused by this.

There is a lot you can react: Avocado gives me allergic reactions, tomatoes are night shades and can cause reactions.

Might be worse a try to get your blood checked on IGge4 Markers on food. Then you have a list of food you can tolerate at the moment or not, leave the bad ones out - and after some time, try them again. The gut heals and later can tolerate much more :thumbsup:

• 2 weeks later...
[e9...]
So glad for you. I'm trying to get back to a low carb paleo, not full keto, but the amount of carbs that works for my body and helps me feel balanced. It really is amazing. You're inspiring me. I asked my family to help me with this as I'm in bad wd and still tapering and I know it will help me level out a bit. I'm so happy you are feeling so good and congrats on taking power back over your health.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone!! I’m so excited to share my success story, and hope it can help others!  :)

Backstory: I’ve been off benzos (klonopin) for a year and a half! Going off was the most hellsih experience of my life. It was shit. I had been on klonopin since I was 16, and went off when I was 31. The suffering I went through was extreme, and wouldn’t wish it on my worst enemy. The panic, depersonalization, anxiety and insomnia were terrible. But the worst thing of all was the stomach problems. Extreme cramps, extreme stomach pain, extreme bloating, extreme diarrhea (20x a day) and tons of weight gain (over 30 pounds). While the anxiety and depersonalization got better within a few months, the stomach problems went on and on.

I talked a lot with my primary care physician, and was on an anti-spasm medication for my stomach and was taking peptobismol all around the clock. At one point, I saw another doctor who wasn’t convinced my probs were related to benzos, so she referred me to a gastroenterologist who did a colonoscopy and endoscopy on me to check for Chrones or another disease. Found nothing.

It had been a year of this benzo stomach suffering and I WANTED MY LIFE BACK. Doctors couldn’t help and I  realized the only one who could help me was me. My friend Jennifer mentioned at the time that she had gone on keto and had marvelous results. Jennifer was suffering from severe heart disease (she had quadruple bypass heart surgery the year before), diabetes, obesity and fatty liver. When she went on keto, in just four months she lost 40 pounds, her cholesterol levels became normal, she reversed her diabetes and reversed her fatty liver. She’s the healthiest she’s ever been in her life!

I was skeptical of keto at first. It’s very low carbohydrate, high fat, moderate protein (and all my life I’ve heard the opposite diet is healthy: high carb, low fat). But I did a lot of research on it. I watched the documentary The Magic Pill, read up on the science behind it, read many, many articles, and started following keto physician proponents on social media. After a few weeks, I realized that there’s actually a ton of hard core science behind it — and actually, there’s not a whole lot of science behind high carb, low fat (the food industry and Big Pharma has been pushing that way of eating, and there’s tons of clonfict of interest when it comes to the research).

So, I started healthy keto! In less than two weeks MY STOMACH PROBLEMS WERE GONE!!!!!!! I did go through a little bit of “keto flu”, but compared to benzo withdrawal, keto flu is a walk in the park  :laugh:

I’ve now been on keto for six months, and my benzo withdrawal is a thing of the past! On keto, I also have tons of energy, my anxiety is way down (naturally, no pills!), I have perfect sleep (again, no pills!) and I feel better than I’ve felt in YEARS!! My weight is back to normal and I LOVE LIFE!

If you’re suffering from severe, prolonged benzo withdrawal, consider going on keto! You’ll be even better than you were before. I’m now a firm believer in using food as medicine. Big Pharma is shit and it’s poisoning us all. But fortunately, we don’t have to go that route. We can start eating healing, nourishing food and avoid all the sugar, refined carbs and processed garbage that the Big Food Industry  tells us is healthy when it’s really not. Give your body the nutrition it needs, and you will be healed!

I love you all!! I wish you all the best in your journey towards healing and recovery!  :smitten:

I'm giving the KETO diet serious consideration as there are several articles/studies which talk about how it helps balance GABA and glutamate.  I know my glutamate level was high in September.  I jumped in October, so it's 6 months tomorrow.  I'm seeing some slightly better days, but still struggling with insomnia, anxiety and depression.  Did you experience insomnia from starting the KETO diet as I read this could happen when you eliminate carbs?  This is my only hesitation as I don't want to worsen the insomnia that I already have.  Thank you.

• 1 year later...

When you said “I LOVE  LIFE!!” It gave me the biggest smile.  I can just imagine how free you feel now!  I heard about the low carb approach to benzo/ssri problems from what happened to Jordan Peterson.  Apparently it helped him a lot and it makes a lot of common sense considering our ancestors diets.  I’m going to do it too because it can only help.  Anyway I learned that carbs might make all symptomatic problems worse.  Makes sense...  anything that sweet had to have a caveat.  Anyone interested in a story about recovery from benzos should go listen to the “unedited” Jordan interview w/ The Times.

Sorry fir the necro but it’s a good post with good info.