Author Topic: CURED from doing Keto!!  (Read 3234 times)

[Buddie]

Re: CURED from doing Keto!!
« Reply #10 on: November 27, 2018, 10:44:59 pm »
I wonder whether it works during tapering.

It will totally help you during tapering!  :)
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #11 on: November 27, 2018, 10:53:40 pm »
Did you have any problems with skeletal muscle tightness cramps?

I canít take magnesium supplement since WD and have a lot of muscle tightness and am Aware Keto can make that worse.

Did you manage to get enough electrolytes?
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #12 on: November 28, 2018, 02:07:55 am »
Thatís great, congratulations. What where your typical ketone levels? did you cycle in and out of ketosis? Did you measure beta-hydroxybutyrate or acetoacetate? Just curious...

Iíve stayed in ketosis pretty much since I started (early July 2018). There was one time in August I went off keto for a couple days ó majorly regretted it  :-[ I donít know what my ketone levels are, I donít measure. You know youíre in ketosis when you can go for several hours without eating and youíre not hungry or irritable.   :)

So what did your diet look like? Thanks!

[Buddie]

« Reply #13 on: November 28, 2018, 02:10:22 am »

I canít take magnesium supplement since WD and have a lot of muscle tightness and am Aware Keto can make that worse.

Try a 1/4 tablespoon of pink sea salt in the am and again at night. Keto can cause muscle tightness as it will dehydrate you if you donít up your salt/electrolyte intake. But try the sea salt for a week and see how it goes.

[Buddie]

« Reply #14 on: November 28, 2018, 04:57:57 pm »

Hi [...],

I found that when I first started keto, I actually relaxed quite a bit. I had developed a problem with carbs and they were really keying up my nervous system. This might just be unique to me, but I have also read that it is used in refractory cases of epilepsy (I think you may have posted a link to this earlier). If I recall, it only had a transient relaxing effect though, for a few days or weeks. But it might be worth it to give yourself a break.

Unfortunately for me, it is a bit more difficult to gain weight eating pure fats and protein, but I've managed to gain a few pounds nonetheless.

[Buddie]

« Reply #15 on: November 28, 2018, 08:37:42 pm »
Thank you both.

Will try the pink sea salt.

[...] I can stick to Keto with all day hunger, never any feedback to brain that I have eaten and overwhelming carb/sugar cravings.

Prior to WD I lost 112IBs doing the Dr Wahl diet which I stuck to easily for 3 years and planned to do for the rest of my life.

Since WD that has gone completely tits-up.

I have lost a lot of adipose tissue while also gaining weight which is weird. Worried I have developed lypodystrophy which causes loss of leptin which is made in fat tissue.

I am hoping that Keto might kick-start leptin in to working again but if it is nerve transmission in enteric nervous system or vagus nerve that wonít work.

[Buddie]

« Reply #16 on: November 28, 2018, 09:40:55 pm »
You can try Sole.  Others claim it helped ease symptoms?

What you need:
A Glass Jar (Mason Jar)
A plastic or non-metal lid
1-2 cups of Himalayan Salt, Celtic Salt or Real Salt (see sources above)
Filtered water

Instructions:
Fill the jar about 1/4 of the way with Himalayan Salt, Real Salt or Celtic Salt (or a mixture of the three).
Add filtered water to fill the jar, leaving about an inch at the top.
Put on the plastic lid and shake the jar gently.
Leave on the counter overnight to let the salt dissolve.
The next day, if there is still some salt on the bottom of the jar, the water has absorbed its maximum amount of salt and the Sole is ready to use.
If all of the salt is absorbed, add more salt and continue doing so each day until some remains. This means that the water is fully saturated with the salt.

Notes:
To use: Mix 1 tsp of the Sole in to a glass of water and consume every morning on an empty stomach. Do not use a metal utensil to measure or touch the Sole with any metal object.

[Buddie]

« Reply #17 on: November 28, 2018, 10:00:24 pm »
I wonder whether it works during tapering.

For me, YES.

[Buddie]

« Reply #18 on: November 29, 2018, 02:31:25 am »
This is very interesting and makes me hopeful that it might help me.  [...] I am like you, I crave sugar and carbs so much right now.  It will be very hard.

[Buddie]

« Reply #19 on: November 29, 2018, 01:58:06 pm »
Was it the Keto diet or the 6 months that transpired from the beginning of going Keto or perhaps, BOTH.

I have tried Keto before it does drop the weight and for many has cognitive benefits. "Wheat Belly" is an interesting book if anyone is up for a read.