Author Topic: CURED from doing Keto!!  (Read 3233 times)

[Buddie]

CURED from doing Keto!!
« on: November 27, 2018, 07:30:36 pm »
Hi everyone!! Iím so excited to share my success story, and [...] it can help others!  :)

Backstory: Iíve been off benzos (klonopin) for a year and a half! Going off was the most hellsih experience of my life. It was shit. I had been on klonopin since I was 16, and went off when I was 31. The suffering I went through was extreme, and wouldnít wish it on my worst enemy. The panic, depersonalization, anxiety and insomnia were terrible. But the worst thing of all was the stomach problems. Extreme cramps, extreme stomach pain, extreme bloating, extreme diarrhea (20x a day) and tons of weight gain (over 30 pounds). While the anxiety and depersonalization got better within a few months, the stomach problems went on and on.

I talked a lot with my primary care physician, and was on an anti-spasm medication for my stomach and was taking peptobismol all around the clock. At one point, I saw another doctor who wasnít convinced my probs were related to benzos, so she referred me to a gastroenterologist who did a colonoscopy and endoscopy on me to check for Chrones or another disease. Found nothing.

It had been a year of this benzo stomach suffering and I WANTED MY LIFE BACK. Doctors couldnít help and I  realized the only one who could help me was me. My friend Jennifer mentioned at the time that she had gone on keto and had marvelous results. Jennifer was suffering from severe heart disease (she had quadruple bypass heart surgery the year before), diabetes, obesity and fatty liver. When she went on keto, in just four months she lost 40 pounds, her cholesterol levels became normal, she reversed her diabetes and reversed her fatty liver. Sheís the healthiest sheís ever been in her life!

I was skeptical of keto at first. Itís very low carbohydrate, high fat, moderate protein (and all my life Iíve heard the opposite diet is healthy: high carb, low fat). But I did a lot of research on it. I watched the documentary The Magic Pill, read up on the science behind it, read many, many articles, and started following keto physician proponents on social media. After a few weeks, I realized that thereís actually a ton of hard core science behind it ó and actually, thereís not a whole lot of science behind high carb, low fat (the food industry and Big Pharma has been pushing that way of eating, and thereís tons of clonfict of interest when it comes to the research).

So, I started healthy keto! In less than two weeks MY STOMACH PROBLEMS WERE GONE!!!!!!! I did go through a little bit of ďketo fluĒ, but compared to benzo withdrawal, keto flu is a walk in the park  :laugh:

Iíve now been on keto for six months, and my benzo withdrawal is a thing of the past! On keto, I also have tons of energy, my anxiety is way down (naturally, no pills!), I have perfect sleep (again, no pills!) and I feel better than Iíve felt in YEARS!! My weight is back to normal and I LOVE LIFE!

If youíre suffering from severe, prolonged benzo withdrawal, consider going on keto! Youíll be even better than you were before. Iím now a firm believer in using food as medicine. Big Pharma is shit and itís poisoning us all. But fortunately, we donít have to go that route. We can start eating healing, nourishing food and avoid all the sugar, refined carbs and processed garbage that the Big Food Industry  tells us is healthy when itís really not. Give your body the nutrition it needs, and you will be healed!

I love you all!! I wish you all the best in your journey towards healing and recovery!  :smitten:
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

Re: CURED from doing Keto!!
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2018, 07:43:34 pm »
Thatís great, congratulations. What where your typical ketone levels? did you cycle in and out of ketosis? Did you measure beta-hydroxybutyrate or acetoacetate? Just curious...
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2018, 08:00:28 pm »
congrats. Keto definitely boosted my overall health. not 100% healing, but huge improvement. and 35LBS lost so far.
that big pharma is shit most here probably already know lol. but yeah.

[Buddie]

« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2018, 08:37:08 pm »
I wonder whether it works during tapering.

[Buddie]

« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2018, 09:02:33 pm »
Would love to be able to stick to a Keto diet but I can't afford to lose weight and that's all that was really happening on Keto. Glad you and others have had success... I'm trying to do a variation of Keto but I doubt my body ever goes into Ketosis.

[Buddie]

« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2018, 09:04:57 pm »
Thanks for coming to post your story ! Great news that keto helped you , I have heard this from others too .
It makes the body act like its fasting I think , and that is really good for regeneration .
I tried for a while , think I might go back to it .

And [...] , I do think you can do it during taper .... I tried it when while I still tapering and no negatives . Good to take electrolytes though , and that can also stop keto flu I've heard.

All the best [...]

[...]

[Buddie]

« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2018, 10:30:48 pm »
Thatís great, congratulations. What where your typical ketone levels? did you cycle in and out of ketosis? Did you measure beta-hydroxybutyrate or acetoacetate? Just curious...

Iíve stayed in ketosis pretty much since I started (early July 2018). There was one time in August I went off keto for a couple days ó majorly regretted it  :-[ I donít know what my ketone levels are, I donít measure. You know youíre in ketosis when you can go for several hours without eating and youíre not hungry or irritable.   :)

[Buddie]

« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2018, 10:32:14 pm »
Would love to be able to stick to a Keto diet but I can't afford to lose weight and that's all that was really happening on Keto. Glad you and others have had success... I'm trying to do a variation of Keto but I doubt my body ever goes into Ketosis.

Thank you, [...]!

[Buddie]

« Reply #8 on: November 27, 2018, 10:39:17 pm »

Itís possible to do keto without losing weight! You just need to have slightly higher carbs (50 grams per day instead of 20 grams per day). Also, make sure to add plenty of healthy fats with your meals. You wonít continue losing weight. Iím also at a place where I canít lose too much more weight and need to do maintenance. Thereís plenty of people who are on keto for weight maintenance  :)

[Buddie]

« Reply #9 on: November 27, 2018, 10:40:51 pm »
congrats. Keto definitely boosted my overall health. not 100% healing, but huge improvement. and 35LBS lost so far.
that big pharma is shit most here probably already know lol. but yeah.

Congrats, thatís awesome! :)