Skin cancer scare during benzo withdrawal

[Eg...]

I know that health anxiety is pretty common with benzo withdrawal, but I'm not sure that it's hypocondria this time. I've got a suspicious mole that appeared suddenly and I'm terrified that it's cancerous. I got in to have it looked at and my my doc said that it had some suspicious characteristics and let me decide whether to have it removed or just keep an eye on it. Of course I decided to have it removed.

Now I have to wait until December 11th to have it removed and probably wait two weeks to get the results of the biopsy. My anxiety is off the wall throughout this process and I'm not coping or functioning well at this point.

I'm paranoid that the benzo withdrawal has weakened my immune system and could have caused something disastrous...

Has anybody here gone through anything similar?

I had some new moles checked out but they were not too suspicious. What does the mole look like as far as color, texture, shape and border?I understand how you feel. Most of the time, even if they look suspicious they are not always cancer if that helps. I've had a few weird moles grow on me on benzos. I wouldn't be surprised if benzos just make your skin unhealthy. I'm getting ready to see a neurologist soon I think. My PCP doesn't worry about my health as much as I do. Tried to get tested for Lyme but he said I'm a healthy guy. He keeps telling me to move on. I wish they knew how sick we are. You'll be fine eggplant.

• 1 month later...

Thank you!

It all turned out ok! It was benign!

The removal way painless and getting the stitches out was painless. The worst part was the anxiety and the wait to get my results.

I truly believe that there is correlation with benzo withdrawal and skin issues. I've developed 3 new moles during the past 4 months of my taper. Luckily only the one looked suspicious and it turned out to be ok. Weird stuff...