Bladder Control in recovery

[Fi...]

TodayI has to go to the grocery store.    Long story short.  Drank water prior to leaving.  Had several items to get.  I have always been able to hold things.......  I had to stop on the way home.  This is unusual for me.  Anyone else having bladder issues?    Sorry for the embarrassing topic.  I’m

Keeping it real!!!!

F4m

Sometimes I have to go hourly day and night. Sometimes I can’t get stream to start.

I have heard of people losing bladder control completely.

Guess I need to invest in some Depends.....

Thank you Ajusta.

You are always such a help to so many.  Your kindness is much appreciated.

F4M

Its so sad that the function to search here on the board is working so badly.. cause if you could search "bladder control problems" - you would see that many many here had this in withdrawal - and its gone by now...

So sorry that you are under the lucky like I was - who have to taste each creapy symptom...

here comes a hug. You are doing great! proud of you!! :smitten:

How long have you been off altogether now. I know your Mum was giving you some so do you know when you absolutely had the last dose?

I often find it easier to find relevant posts by googling ‘benzo buddies + symptom’ so google ‘benzo buddies bladder’

Its so sad that the function to search here on the board is working so badly.. cause if you could search "bladder control problems" - you would see that many many here had this in withdrawal - and its gone by now...

So sorry that you are under the lucky like I was - who have to taste each creapy symptom...

here comes a hug. You are doing great! proud of you!! :smitten:

Kagle exercises might help.  They have a lot of great evidence behind them.

I always did loads of pelvic floor exercises but due to sudden muscle wasting from WD and horrible dystonia I suffered a pelvic prolapse in the middle of this hell.

So yes, if you can do them, pelvic floor exercises (done correctly and not too hard if your muscles tend to spasm) are a very good idea.

Oh yes, one time I wet my pants while driving, there was no place to pull over (and it was short 20-min drive, muscles weak from benzo use and subsequent withdrawal).  Don't take it personal, just plan accordingly, it is temporary. ;)

I’m not blocking you Sam.  My PM is off. 

Still blocked. But...you should try this on your temporalis and neck

Wahl Heat Therapy Handheld... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B006NXRD1M?ref=yo_pop_ma_swf

PT approved it

Sam,

I thought it was back on.  Don’t know what I’m doing wrong.   

Thanks for the info.    How’s the Botox working out?

F

• 1 month later...

I’m not blocking you Sam.  My PM is off. 

Still blocked. But...you should try this on your temporalis and neck

Wahl Heat Therapy Handheld... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B006NXRD1M?ref=yo_pop_ma_swf

PT approved it

Sam,

I thought it was back on.  Don’t know what I’m doing wrong.   

Thanks for the info.    How’s the Botox working out?

F

You’ve been MIA. you okay?