Fluoroquinolone Toxicity and benzo kindling

[Gr...]

I was floxed by Fluoroquinolone Antibiotics (Cipro) in 2000, and again in 2014. These pernicious drugs destroyed my physical and mental health. I have just discovered they bind to and damage GABA receptors. I was given benzos to manage insomnia and anxiety in 2011. I stayed on them for a month. I came off with mild discomfort. It was lorazepam. In 2014, I used one or two with no noticeable side effects. In February this year I used one to get me through flu and insomnia. I had a migraine immediately after. But thought little of it. Three weeks ago, I had insomnia out of the blue. I took another one. No problem. Then 11 days ago I did the same thing, thinking I was safe. The day after I felt somewhat depressed. Then the day after I got a monumental atypical migraine. This lasted for four days. But after it felt like my brain was inflamed. The next day, I started to get angry at small things. The day after, boom, felt like a bomb had gone off. Off the scale anxiety. An awful wired feeling, restless and agitated, pacing up and down. Blurred vision. The sense of being in another reality, like an acid trip. A feeling of doom. Today, depression and suicidal ideation have joined the party. My gut feels hard, like I swallowed concrete. I can't eat solid food. I feel thirsty all the time. My body twitches and Jerks. I have hot patches and numb patches on my skin. Terrible nightmares, and not going down into deep sleep, despite being shattered. My motor skills are also off. I am weak and clumsy. I have suffered many of these from Fluoroquinolone toxicity and an SSRI encounter in the past. But not for 5 years at this intensity. A friend has suggested it is benzo kindling due to damaged gaba glutamate receptors. Is this possible.

Kindling is for sure a real thing from my experience. But I would be surprised if just a couple doses of benzo triggered this severe of an event. Maybe if you have taken a bunch of them or reinstated and came off you would have this reaction.

Have you taken any other medications or supplements? Used any nasal spray or anti itch creams? Anything that might have a steroid in it?

Just looking for any other possible factor that may have triggered this

Hi Thanks for taking the time to reply.

In normal people, I would agree. But Fluoroquinolone toxic people are not normal. The Fluoroquinolone antibiotics damage GABA receptors.

https://floxiehope.com/tag/cipro-and-benzodiazepines/

THis means that taking them, maybe even small doses can cause major symptoms like the ones I am experiencing. This is what I am told, anyway.

I have taken nothing else of note that would cause this chaos and torment.

I feel for you man. Read my SS story...Eastcoast's Trip. It was a long strange journey indeed. Getting off benzos was the hardest thing I ever did, but also the BEST thing I ever did.

I was floxed several times, as I spent time being in a hospital several times. IV Levaquin threw mew into withdrwal, but back then I did not know WHY I fel;t sp awful. Now I do.

Getting off benzos may be the hardest thing you ever did. But it may prove to be the best thing you ever did for yourself. Do NOT give up.

east