Rapid withdrawal from bromazepam-please, please help me!!!

[Ra...]

Hello dear buddies. I was on 6 mg bromazepam dosage for a while now. Few months ago I found out that I was pregnant, but it didn't end well. My state of mind was horrible and I was abusing drug again. Now I really need to get my shit together and to work on baby, I really want a child. So my plan is to go from 6 mg to nothing in 4 weeks. Any advice, I really need help!!! I can see that there is no any bromazepam topics that I can relate to?

Rabbit,

I think it would be far safer for you to go a lot slower reducing your dose. I know you feel desperate right now. You want to have a child, and you are willing to do what is necessary. But you will not be a good mother (or support a growing baby-) until you get off benzos safely and recover.

Your usage history is unclear to me. How long did you take this drug? Did you do any pother drugs (legal or not) in the last few years? Knowing this - I will not judge you! I have a 3o year history of abusing benzos plus other drugs in the past. I am now drug free and loving life but it took me many years to get here.

Do some reading about tapering off benzos, and design your own taper. Expect some withdrawal synptoms, but do NOT be afraid. This can be done, and I am living proof of it.

east

I've started three years ago. First it was subscribed by doctor for my anxiety work related issues. It was 3 mg here and there, maybe once a week. As the time passed by and with my access to drugs it becomes abuse. From 3 mg every day to 6 mg three times a day, that was this spring. Now I'm stabile at 6 per day. But I really need to stop this mess, it changed my life completely. I've tried taper in small doses but I always get back to 6. That is why I want do to try it fast. Thank you  :-\

Hi i am also wanting to taper bromazepan .its a benzo you dont see mentioned that much .have been on for20 years at 3mg 3x daily.a year ago i was adding another half a tablet at night .due to insomnia  .it helped but now my gp has encouraged me to taper  .it is something i know i should do though . i have managed to break one of my tablets in half for now to see how that goes  but its only day 2 ,feeling anxious about .may i ask how long it took you to reduce from 6mg 3x per day to 6 mg once a day .that's a big drop. wishing you all the best  :) 

Contrary to popular wisdom, a benzo  just a benzo. ALL benzos can cause problems is taken to long.

Getting OFF benzos can be troublesome. Especially if you took them longer than, say,. a month. Even the drug companies say benzos should only be taken for 2-4 weeks.

The  longer you have taken benzos, the harder withdrawal MAY be for you. Please do not let this stop you!!! Getting off benzos will perhaps be the best thing you ever did....for YOU.

Over time, benzos will begin to affect you in so many awful ways. Your balance may be come unsteady. You may begin to fall. You may break bones or injure yourself in other ways. You may find that you no longer function well mentally. Many other changes are possible. Over time, benzos can cause many other changes, and none of them good.

IMO, the hardest thing to get is knowing that some pill will NOT fix you! ONLY YOU can fix you, not a pill. Brain affecting pills only hurt you over time. Once you get through this mess, I hope you start to understand this. It can be a very valuable lesson to learn, once and for all.

east