The Sanctuary

[Lo...]

I am creating a new group where people can go to when they tire of anything "benzo". In fact, that word is strictly forbidden here. No medication names here (brand or generic). Nothing. 100% forbidden.

Again, just a sanctuary for some of us who want to live our lives in peace and clear our vocabulary of certain words. Please be free to join. Thanks. :)

I am enjoying my virtual walk here.

"Hey look! There's a beautiful willow over there!"

"walking close. Step 1, 2, 3, 4, 5,6"

"Oh, a rose?"

"Let's smell it"

"Yes. You have to stop and smell the roses sometimes"

Boston - More Than a Feeling

I looked out this morning and the sun was gone

Turned on some music to start my day

I lost myself in a familiar song

I closed my eyes and I slipped away

It's more than a feeling (more than a feeling)

When I hear that old song they used to play (more than a feeling)

I begin dreaming (more than a feeling)

'Till I see Marianne walk away

I see my Marianne walkin' away

So many people have come and gone

Their faces fade as the years go by

Yet I still recall as I wander on

As clear as the sun in the summer sky

When I'm tired and thinking cold

I hide in my music, forget the day

And dream of a girl I used to know

I closed my eyes and she slipped away

She slipped away

What have you been doing today, LF? I've just made a Chilli con Carne for tomorrow tea. Bf will put it in the fridge before he goes to work. Don't feel obliged to do anything then. Always have stuff that I can do if I feel like it. Got to wrap my Christmas presents and write cards. Gx

What have you been doing today, LF? I've just made a Chilli con Carne for tomorrow tea. Bf will put it in the fridge before he goes to work. Don't feel obliged to do anything then. Always have stuff that I can do if I feel like it. Got to wrap my Christmas presents and write cards. Gx

That's pretty good, Gilly. Congrants on finding the energy to do that when energy is nowhere to be found. Quite a feat.

I've been sort of timing myself and going about it this way:

"Ok, I have 15-45 minutes when I feel ok. Let's make some simple breakfast"

"Uh-oh, looks like the 1-2 hours of unwell are coming, so let's listen to this meditation"

"oh, can't concentrate. Oh, ok, nevermind. Lets go to it again"

Right now, I feel ok enough to check on the pets and feed them.

[ef...]
Sweet! My mom is thinking of getting a rescue dog around Christmas time. Part of me thinks that would help a lot while the other part worries that it's too much responsibility right now when I can barely feed and take myself for walks around the block! It would ease a lot of the horrible loneliness though.

Sweet! My mom is thinking of getting a rescue dog around Christmas time. Part of me thinks that would help a lot while the other part worries that it's too much responsibility right now when I can barely feed and take myself for walks around the block! It would ease a lot of the horrible loneliness though.

It is a lot of work, but I am thinking that it may be worth it over the long term.

Fuzzy, Can you take the dog for a walk if you feel up to it and let your Mum take him when you're not? Or maybe you could both go.

LF, I remember you telling me about the parrots years ago. Whatever happened to the yard when you had to get it tidied and you weren't well?  Gx

[ef...]
I can go for short walks around the block. I try and force myself out 4-5 times a week. If I get too far from home I start to freak out but as long as the dog doesn't need longer walks that should be okay. My mom is really busy with work and school so she could help on weekends but the brunt of the responsibility would be on me.

LF, I remember you telling me about the parrots years ago. Whatever happened to the yard when you had to get it tidied and you weren't well?  Gx

It's a low maintenance yard now. Keeping things very, very simple. The simpler, the better.

It's a low maintenance yard now. Keeping things very, very simple. The simpler, the better.

That was a great idea, make things now as simple as we can :D. Mary ☮️🙏💜

It was actually interesting last week. The therapist came by and he had me go outside, so we stood in the yard, and my mind just kept flashing to how the yard had looked 2 years ago, 5 years ago, 10 years ago, 15 years ago. As I was doing that, I seemed calm but was highly anxious inside. Then, we got inside and the therapist remarked how calm I was outside.

Could he really not detect it of was he just pretending he didn't see it? It surely makes me wonder.....

It was actually interesting last week. The therapist came by and he had me go outside, so we stood in the yard, and my mind just kept flashing to how the yard had looked 2 years ago, 5 years ago, 10 years ago, 15 years ago. As I was doing that, I seemed calm but was highly anxious inside. Then, we got inside and the therapist remarked how calm I was outside.

Could he really not detect it of was he just pretending he didn't see it? It surely makes me wonder.....

Maybe seeming calm is a step in right direction, fake it til you make, or maybe you were calmer than you realized :). Mary