Advice on Xanax taper

[ye...]

Hi

I have been taking xanax since May 2017  .25 mg am and .25 mg pm. I have reached tolerance, have severe symptoms and can't function.

I have been thinking of ways to go forward with this as follows:

OPTION 1 :  Space out doses over 3 or 4 times a day to avoid interdose withdrawal, stabilise and start taper.

OPTION 2 :  Updose to stabilise and then start taper.

OPTION 3 :  Crossover to diazepam, stabilise and then start taper. My plan for this is below. The reason for long holds is I am very sensitive to any changes in dose or meds.

STAGE 1    AM .25 xanax                                            PM  .1250 xanax + 2.50 diazepam - hold 2 weeks

STAGE 2    AM  .1250 xanax + 2.50 diazepam              PM  .1250 xanax + 2.50 diazepam - hold 2 weeks

STAGE 3    AM  .1250 xanax + 2.50 diazepam              PM  5 mg diazepam                      - hold 2 weeks

STAGE 4    AM  5 mg diazepam                                  PM    5 mg diazepam 

I would appreciate any comments or advise from staff or anyone who has faced the same situation as me.

Thank you.

Yellow rose

Modify message

>Report This Post<    Logged

Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

NOTIFY

MARK UNREAD

PRINT

Pages: [1]  Go Up

Hi yellow rose-

Option 3 ...this plan looks good. Give it a shot  :thumbsup:

Thank you! I am just building up my confidence to take the first step!! Gulp!

Yellow Rose

Your best bet is to switch over to klonopin. Stabilize at .75 mg a day. Go down from there. You can get ODT .125 mg tablet.  Super easy.

I do not know you so dont take this personally, but it's really freaking hard to manage a xanax only taper on your own.

If you can not get a new rx. Then option 3 would be decent.

Feel free to direct message me :)

M

I was attempting to cross over from lorazopam and tomazopam to Valium.

I completed a much too fast taper and crashed hard the tenth day after my last lorazopam and tomazopam.. I could not function and was in out of this world anxiety suicide fir ten days ....inreinstated lorazopam for five days so I would not give into ,y sipstrong suicide impulses

I asked my dr to switch me over to Valium to recommence all at once

He did and iphendid it all act once...so i immediately started on Valium. I am having extreme anxiety and duicide thoughts every single day..

I don't know what to do...I have. Even on 10 mg Valium now fir around ten days.

I had been tapered off lorazopam .5 for a month....1mg lorazopam for ten or so days and onlt had .2 mg of temazopam left (liquid suspension) when i stopped.

I am terrified...I don't knkw what to do.

Hello Godhelpme-

Are you still having difficulty navigating the forum? You have responses on this thread

Click----> here <---- Click

take .5 in am and 1mg at bed along with 30 mg of temazopam.

I tapered off the day and night lorazopam much much much too fast.  I had the tomazopam converted to a liquid and am down to 0.2 ml.

10 days after stopping the lorazopam I developed panic anxiety attacks that would last 8-10 hours. This went on for 10 consecutive days.  I reinstated the lorazopam .5 during day.

My husband brought me to the hospital and at my request the er dr changed the prescription to diazepam. 2.5 in am and 2.5 in pm.

I'm not sure that is right dose. Im not sure what my starting point should be. I had been odd .5 daytime lorazopam for six weeks and the pm lorazopam for 11 days, as well as down to 0.2 temazopam for six weeks.

I don't knkw what I should do..I am feeling so depressed and afraid.

Thank you

I slept it too late to follow you suggestion..I was trying hard to see if anxiety and depression and related thoughts would lesson..they have not...is it too late to add lorazopam now

If not..should I take it with the valuim..I have the five mg Valium unto four doses during day thinking it might even out in my blood..instead of all at once....I take the other 5 before I go to bed.

Thank you

My psychiatrist wants me to try another antidepressant in addition to the martizopan 39 mg I take at night...I'm thinking that's nit a good idea.....what do you think....

Hello Godhelpme-

Can you enough Valium to replace the lorazapam so you are only on one benzo? This would be better than both but if you cannot add the lorazapam back. It may take a couple of days to work, but you should get some relief by doing this :thumbsup:

If I were in your shoes I would add the lorazepam and wait a week or so before changing the Anti depressant. Discuss this with your doctor.

You will not feel like this forever.

Find peace with your lorazapam if its that bad. It is not such a bad idea and you can always taper same way with bigger increments in the beginning when you feel better.

But please, if you are having intensefying suicidal thoughts consider locking yourself up in a psychward until you feel safe. Im not trying to be harsh but its my experience

Rest up buddy everything is gonna be alright