Klonopin causing depression?

[as...]

I was started on Klonopin for major panic attacks and anxiety. I was also started on gabapentin and zoloft. I have been experiencing depression for the first time in my life. Like call in sick, and sleep all day. Cry about everything, no sucidie thoughts, but thoughts of death in general. I am thinking I may need to just decide to go off the Klonopin... thoughts?

It caused extreme depression for me in just 2.5 months of use. And the crying and depression have continued for 8 months after quitting it too. Make sure you taper off slowly. I did not do this.

I was put on Klonopin for anxiety in 2016.  I eventually got up to 4-6 mg per day.  I realized it was causing me extreme depression. It took me 2 years to taper off it.  I don't think benzos should be prescribed for more than 2-4 weeks.  Your best bet is to slowly taper off with the help of a Dr or therapist.  You need to be able to talk to someone during withdrawal.  I've been off it now for 5 weeks.  It's rough, but I feel better every day.  Good luck!

• 2 weeks later...
IF a person is already suffering from  say life long genetic depression k will make it much much worse . That was what happened to Me so its a double whammy . Do a safe slow taper under proper supervision. Also remember alcohol is a depressant and will make matters 100% worse.