7 month off , noise in head , anyone ???

[El...]

Hi dears

I need to know if anyone is experiencing a noise in head , the type of noise you hear when you are drunk  or  after you have heard a loud music in club ??? Its like tinitus but not in ear , in head .

Anxiety , terror , fearr, inability to handle stress noises , ect had gone .

I have left with this nouse in head and a mild depresion that comes in waves .

Kindly let me know

I have noise in my head, which comes and goes. It's tinnitus. Either it will subside completely, or decrease over time.  I had not had any benzos for over a year when my tinnitus started, so I don't think the drugs caused it.

Yeah, I think it's tinnitus. and benzos may have caused it. They are, after all, the gift that keeps on giving.  :tickedoff:

Mine started on my taper and never remitted. I just don't obsess about it anymore. I probably set myself up for it with years of listening to rock music too loud. I'm not sure. Like yours, mine doesn't seem to be in my ears but in my head.

Yours may pass . . . some people's do. I hope yours goes away, but if it doesn't, well, you just get used to it. I never think about mine unless something (like this thread) brings it up.

Wishing you silence in your head!!

Katz

I do not think it is tinnitus, because you can tell it is not in your ears. It is in your head. BIG difference. This is very common, and nothing to worry about no matter how weird it is. In my acute WD (which lasted about a month) I hallucinated with all five of my senses. I distinctly heard a group of male voices singing a monotonous tune, over and over again, in my head. I also had tinnitus, which is a very different sort of thing. Over time, the voices went away but I heard that weird tune for several years! I did some research. This is a very common neurological symptom. It does not mean you are crazy. It does mean that your brain has suffered SOME sort of injury.

Because most of your other symptoms have gone, I think you are well on the way to being healed.  Try not top worry abpout the head noise. Learn to laugh at it. The human brain is so amazing and so complicated!!!

I would suggest seeing an ENT - they probably won't be able to find anything, and they're notorious for telling people that nothing can be done for tinnitus (IF that's what you have) other than learning to "live with it", but just do it and perhaps have some tests run by an audiologist. 

I think it's clearly tinnitus.

Tinnitus can take many forms, including that sound in the head. I have had it. Don't obsess over it and ignore it. Mine was very intense but rarely appears now.

I have noise in my head, which comes and goes. It's tinnitus. Either it will subside completely, or decrease over time.  I had not had any benzos for over a year when my tinnitus started, so I don't think the drugs caused it.

You can still get new symptoms after a year. So there is significant chance that it was caused by the benzos.

I have a sort of noise which is inside my head and sounds like wind blowing or a rushing sound but it is not a sound like in ears so keep wondering if it is tinnitus. It is kind of like a feeling at the same time.

You can still get new symptoms after a year. So there is significant chance that it was caused by the benzos.

Thanks, that's interesting.  I figured my tinnitus was caused by noise, and genetics, perhaps it was benzo use that did it it, or at least was a factor. 

Thank you for your replies dear friends ! 

I am sure it is from benzo , it comes in waves and it is the only symptom reminding me I am in still in benzo withdrawal . I can handle it with no problem  , it is not loud . I just wanted to know that it is a common symtom .  Sometimes it comes together with a mild depression . This is the symtom I hate mostly . I strugle with it but it is  becoming less intense

Wish you fast healing !!!!