Clear things up

[go...]

I feel like this may be addressed to me, and I didn't get to defend myself before the conversation is locked (i could very well be paranoid and a little sensitive)

"Agreed, McS, you said it all, except that I am angry, very angry and I don't know what to do with it. One of the ring leaders has had the nerve to post something sympathetic and it's all I can do not to rip into this person but I know this will only cause stress and pain, to myself and to the community, so out of respect, I will restrain in myself, but if ever there was proof that this cancer needs to be excised, it is this. I will have to distance myself from this place of a while, I think, or I just don't know what."

In the post where I barely mentioned Baylissa I was trying my best to convey that we as a community could do more to support those who have suffered the longest and not dismiss their suffering. The original post mentioned a line taken by Baylissa, that I suggested was slightly unfair. Granted the original poster may not been completely accurate with his interpretation of her words and I could have researched them more to confirm, but that wasn't the point I was making, it was the general attitude of many people INCLUDING ME, that worried me because I saw how much it upset others. That is it. It was in reference to a line in a post about something she allegedly said that I had a slight issue with which I disagreed with quite politely, nothing about her as a person or the work she does.

I feel the post above is unfair and unrealistic. I would never in a million years suggest attempting to shut down her business or abuse her, and to suggest my slight disagreement with one statement lead to any of this is absurd, of course I have much sympathy for her. The language used in that post mentioned does not fairly represent me as a person whatsoever and I think it is unfair.

Anyways this could very well not be about me, and in that case, well I look like a right twat.

Happy thanksgiving.

I feel like this may be addressed to me, and I didn't get to defend myself before the conversation is locked (i could very well be paranoid and a little sensitive)

"Agreed, McS, you said it all, except that I am angry, very angry and I don't know what to do with it. One of the ring leaders has had the nerve to post something sympathetic and it's all I can do not to rip into this person but I know this will only cause stress and pain, to myself and to the community, so out of respect, I will restrain in myself, but if ever there was proof that this cancer needs to be excised, it is this. I will have to distance myself from this place of a while, I think, or I just don't know what."

In the post where I barely mentioned Baylissa I was trying my best to convey that we as a community could do more to support those who have suffered the longest and not dismiss their suffering. The original post mentioned a line taken by Baylissa, that I suggested was slightly unfair. Granted the original poster may not been completely accurate with his interpretation of her words and I could have researched them more to confirm, but that wasn't the point I was making, it was the general attitude of many people INCLUDING ME, that worried me because I saw how much it upset others. That is it. It was in reference to a line in a post about something she allegedly said that I had a slight issue with which I disagreed with quite politely, nothing about her as a person or the work she does.

I feel the post above is unfair and unrealistic. I would never in a million years suggest attempting to shut down her business or abuse her, and to suggest my slight disagreement with one statement lead to any of this is absurd, of course I have much sympathy for her. The language used in that post mentioned does not fairly represent me as a person whatsoever and I think it is unfair.

Anyways this could very well not be about me, and in that case, well I look like a right twat.

Happy thanksgiving.

I can't imagine why anyone would want to attempt to shut down her business or abuse her .. it makes no sense at all.  We simply expressed our thoughts and feelings.  It is extremely difficult being very protracted and the longer it goes on the harder it can get.

Happy thanksgiving.

Hello,

What post are you referring to gonner_nate?

Recently there has been a lot of unfounded criticism, over reaction and just plain mean spirited posting on the forum.  While we understand that while in withdrawal everything can become larger than life, and overreaction is common, it also is contrary to our mission here on the forum.  Let me know what post you are talking about.

pianogirl

That was the one. It could very well not be about me though.

That was the one. It could very well not be about me though.

I don't know where this post is, can you give me a link or "quote" the post.

The thread is locked. I don't think i can quote but it's from this.

http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?topic=213520.20

OK thanks,

This thread was heading down a very unproductive path which is the reason it was locked.

Whether or not your post was the reason for the reply or not I can't say. What I can say is that emotions got the upper hand here and many people said things that I expect they might have regretted later. 

Here is my perspective on this entire issue.  First of all, each person will approach withdrawal differently and their tapers and recovery will be different. Each person will find comfort and solace in a way that helps them the best.

I read "Recovery and Renewal".  I do understand how her approach can help many people, and is has.  It wasn't exactly what I personally needed in my journey to wellness. I do think it's wonderful that she is out there and helping people through a challenging process.

I also read Matt Samet's book. Again, I think it's great that he is bringing attention to benzo usage, over prescribing and withdrawal. However, it was difficult for me to relate to his journey, but that's just me. I'm sure others found it helpful.

What worked for me was knowledge. I needed to know what was happening in my body. For this information I have to thank perseverance.  Her detailed research was exactly what I needed.  When I was peeing constantly after my jump off, she directed me to a study done by two Japanese researchers that explained the effect of benzos on the urinary system. This helped me more than anything, knowledge for me is power.  Perseverance and I had many 'chats' about how benzos affect the human system, she of course was able to speak on a very high scientific level because of her background.

I would never denigrate one person's approach because it most likely will work for someone else. While I understand how difficult it must be having symptoms a long way out, it's important to respect all the people out there that are trying to help.

Let me say this, I truly do not think that a couple of posts here on BB had anything to do with Baylissa's business woes.  Whether there is a concerted effort elsewhere, away from BB, to discredit her I don't know.  If there are people on other sites or through email and other forms who are disrupting her business, well, shame on them.  We should applaud anyone who is bringing attention to the difficulties of benzo withdrawal for a portion of the population.

I would like this community to leave this matter now.  It's taken up much of the team's time dealing with a plethora of reports.  It's also taken time away from our mission, to support and encourage people who wish to taper off benzos. Frankly, that is what we do best!

pianogirl

Let me say this, I truly do not think that a couple of posts here on BB had anything to do with Baylissa's business woes.  Whether there is a concerted effort elsewhere, away from BB, to discredit her I don't know.  If there are people on other sites or through email and other forms who are disrupting her business, well, shame on them.  We should applaud anyone who is bringing attention to the difficulties of benzo withdrawal for a portion of the population.

Thanks, yeah I hope not. And I just wanted to clarify nothing I said in that post should have been construed as me attacking her practice as a whole. The fact I have a small disagreement with one thing she said does not have any knock on effect on the rest of her work which by all accounts seems to have been a great help to many.

My issue was the idea that because I have one small issue with one thing she said (which wasn't even specific to her) means I can't have sympathy that she was being sent absurd and now struggling to continue with her business. It's just not realistic or rational. But I understand, it's an emotive subject and heated in the moment.

Happy to move on now that I have explained myself, and apologies the time that this took up around the holidays.

OK thanks,

This thread was heading down a very unproductive path which is the reason it was locked.

Whether or not your post was the reason for the reply or not I can't say. What I can say is that emotions got the upper hand here and many people said things that I expect they might have regretted later. 

Here is my perspective on this entire issue.  First of all, each person will approach withdrawal differently and their tapers and recovery will be different. Each person will find comfort and solace in a way that helps them the best.

I read "Recovery and Renewal".  I do understand how her approach can help many people, and is has.  It wasn't exactly what I personally needed in my journey to wellness. I do think it's wonderful that she is out there and helping people through a challenging process.

I also read Matt Samet's book. Again, I think it's great that he is bringing attention to benzo usage, over prescribing and withdrawal. However, it was difficult for me to relate to his journey, but that's just me. I'm sure others found it helpful.

What worked for me was knowledge. I needed to know what was happening in my body. For this information I have to thank perseverance.  Her detailed research was exactly what I needed.  When I was peeing constantly after my jump off, she directed me to a study done by two Japanese researchers that explained the effect of benzos on the urinary system. This helped me more than anything, knowledge for me is power.  Perseverance and I had many 'chats' about how benzos affect the human system, she of course was able to speak on a very high scientific level because of her background.

I would never denigrate one person's approach because it most likely will work for someone else. While I understand how difficult it must be having symptoms a long way out, it's important to respect all the people out there that are trying to help.

I would like this community to leave this matter now.  It's taken up much of the team's time dealing with a plethora of reports.  It's also taken time away from our mission, to support and encourage people who wish to taper off benzos. Frankly, that is what we do best!

pianogirl

Hi pianogirl,  Who is "perseverance" and how can I access their posts or information about benzos?  Thanks!

Edit: Nvm. I found her posts.  For anyone else: http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?action=profile;area=showposts;u=9596