insomnia back

[...]

Has anyone else been hit by a bad a wave of insomnia around 14 months out?  I was doing really well for awhile and feeling hopeful. This this is just so discouraging, especially when this happens around a holiday and you have to cancel all your plans.

Unfortunately, late stage waves are not too uncommon. Over the years I have read many posts from folks plagued by them. As more time passes, these waves tend to be less intense and of shorter duration. Words of wisdom...be very careful about being overly optimistic and going back to social drinking too soon. That has been known to bring on some serious waves.

I was hit by a 29 day wave at 18 months out.  I had 4 zero nights and about 12 nights of 1-2 hours of sleep the other nights were 3-5 hours.  It really freaked me out as I was doing pretty well for about 8 months prior to that.  It passed and my sleep evened out again.  I am almost 28 months off now and haven't had any additional late waves since.

I wouldn't let it both you too much.  It is somewhat common.  It will even out for you too. :thumbsup:

yeah right........I have had NO BREAKS in 12 months just about now....all Piss poor sleep broken sleep no good sleep no sleep at all...and before you say, DHU least your getting sleep, yeah with the Aid of Nyquil.......Some dont heal just like me 12 months out and NO WINDOWS AT ALL!

Don't buy into crap, they tell you what you wanna hear but in the end NOT ALL HEAL

yeah right........I have had NO BREAKS in 12 months just about now....all Piss poor sleep broken sleep no good sleep no sleep at all...and before you say, DHU least your getting sleep, yeah with the Aid of Nyquil.......Some dont heal just like me 12 months out and NO WINDOWS AT ALL!

Don't buy into crap, they tell you what you wanna hear but in the end NOT ALL HEAL

I hope that you get kicked off this site soon. Your attitude is bad for others who are struggling and looking for some hope. You are serving no purpose here except to upset others. You have been your own worse enemy and it is time that you become your own best friend.

Mark said he already healed from Benzo withdrawal.  So why is he looking for a WINDOW?  Windows happen to those still in withdrawal. He doesn't understand anything about withdrawal...nothing...ZERO.  He claims to be healed but then says his insomnia isn't better so don't believe the crap.  He doesn't get it that healing from Benzos DOESN'T heal preexisting conditions like his insomnia.  Plus he won't be 12 months off until about December 12 or so.  Also, why would it matter how long you are off when he already claimed that his Benzo withdrawal has ended and now he is back to his preexisting insomnia?

Cutting your arm and having it heal won't heal your high blood pressure.  Getting healed from Benzos doesn't heal preexisting conditions.

I already explained to him in the sleep cycles thread that healing from Benzos doesn't heal preexisting conditions.  But his comprehension level is very low and very bad.  Don't believe any post MarkM makes.  He went on Benzos with a lot of health issues, still has major health issues and has done nothing to improve his health or change his lifestyle in order to get past insomnia.  He gets an A+ in complaining, whining and bringing down others.

I hope that you get kicked off this site soon. Your attitude is bad for others who are struggling and looking for some hope. You are serving no purpose here except to upset others. You have been your own worse enemy and it is time that you become your own best friend.

OK everyone, please just take a step back from this. 

Mark M, it's ok for you to relate your own experiences, but it is NOT OK for you to tell others what to believe or to tell them they won't heal.  Most people DO heal within a year or two, and some sooner than that.

It's common to be frustrated if one hasn't healed by a year off, but just because you're unhappy about this doesn't mean you have the right to make others fearful of their outcome.

Theway, it's not for you to say who should be "kicked off." We almost never do that, except for very serious offenses.

So again, everyone calm down.  We don't tolerate rudeness or bickering among members.  It disrupts the forum.

Megan918

Administrator

@[Ma...]

We don't tell people what they want to hear.  I don't work for BenzoBuddies.  I don't have to be on this forum.  It is all volunteer.  I speak the truth from my experience and from what I have read from hundreds of others on this forum and other Benzo recovery forums.  So now we have become your enemy because we tell people the truth?

How many people are still on the insomnia forum from when you joined back in October 2016?  Not many except Siggy, Aloha, MTFan and me and we all recovered and get a decent amount of sleep almost every night.

You said you HEALED and WITHDRAWAL is over.  You are the one lying to yourself, because if it were over, you WOULD'NT be looking for a WINDOW or a BREAK.  Those don't happen to people that have healed and their withdrawal has ended.  Windows are only for those STILL in withdrawal.

Healing from Benzos DOESN'T heal preexisting conditions such as insomnia, but most people's insomnia improves because they understand that lack of sleep won't hurt them and they stop freaking out and tossing and turning when they find it hard to sleep.  Over time, coping skills are developed along with changes in lifestyle and attitude that go a long way toward getting sleep to return.  They practice gratitude, they practice being positive and upbeat given the crummy circumstances.  They try to be as healthy as possible and exercise if they can.  They don't blame other people for the length of their withdrawal, their lack of sleep or the symptoms they encounter.   

If you are new to this site, please avoid negative comments and negative people that want to drag you into their self-created world of personal suffering.  There is hope, there is healing.  Don't believe the lies and negativity from these few people.  You can heal and get your life and your sleep back.

@MarkM

We don't tell people what they want to hear.  I don't work for BenzoBuddies.  I don't have to be on this forum.  It is all volunteer.  I speak the truth from my experience and from what I have read from hundreds of others on this forum and other Benzo recovery forums.  So now we have become your enemy because we tell people the truth?

How many people are still on the insomnia forum from when you joined back in October 2016?  Not many except Siggy, Aloha, MTFan and me and we all recovered and get a decent amount of sleep almost every night.

You said you HEALED and WITHDRAWAL is over.  You are the one lying to yourself, because if it were over, you WOULD'NT be looking for a WINDOW or a BREAK.  Those don't happen to people that have healed and their withdrawal has ended.  Windows are only for those STILL in withdrawal.

Healing from Benzos DOESN'T heal preexisting conditions such as insomnia, but most people's insomnia improves because they understand that lack of sleep won't hurt them and they stop freaking out and tossing and turning when they find it hard to sleep.  Over time, coping skills are developed along with changes in lifestyle and attitude that go a long way toward getting sleep to return.  They practice gratitude, they practice being positive and upbeat given the crummy circumstances.  They try to be as healthy as possible and exercise if they can.  They don't blame other people for the length of their withdrawal, their lack of sleep or the symptoms they encounter.   

If you are new to this site, please avoid negative comments and negative people that want to drag you into their self-created world of personal suffering.  There is hope, there is healing.  Don't believe the lies and negativity from these few people.  You can heal and get your life and your sleep back.

First off TheWay, Windows are OVER for me, I said During my So Called WD over the past year I had NONE to where everyone else had them BUT me.....so yeah NO WINDOWS AT ALL FOR ME PERIOD During or After WD

I Reallly hope your still here in another year when I can come back and say, 2 years and still the same ***** unless I die before then...then of course youll say, YOUR STILL IN WD MARK! lol its only been 2 years mark give it time lol

I hope your still here cause if it realy is still around I can really get into you and tell you how wrong you were ALL ALONG! Youll probably say on 24 months isnt enough give it another year or 2 :P

edit: language

[de...]

Megan already warned everyone to stop the bickering, so steps have been taken to block further posting of this sort.

Now let this thread get back to supporting EE75, a newcomer who has hit the insomnia phase.

Has anyone else been hit by a bad a wave of insomnia around 14 months out?  I was doing really well for awhile and feeling hopeful.

This this is just so discouraging, especially when this happens around a holiday and you have to cancel all your plans.

EE75, this will pass, I promise you. It is absolutely typical to have insomnia pop up, sometimes repeatedly. It was my worst symptom, and I thought I’d never sleep again, but now I’m regularly able to sleep up to fourteen hours if I feel like it.

This may be in the near future for you too.  :thumbsup:

Has anyone else been hit by a bad a wave of insomnia around 14 months out?  I was doing really well for awhile and feeling hopeful. This this is just so discouraging, especially when this happens around a holiday and you have to cancel all your plans.

EE75,

I made a point of not letting insomnia change my plans whenever possible. Healing can take a while so it is good to be able to maintain a normal life syle. It helps you to better accept what you are going through. Often I would find that in spite of my fears, I had enough energy to do what I had planned on doing. If I just sat something out, I would have missed out.

EE75, this will pass, I promise you. It is absolutely typical to have insomnia pop up, sometimes repeatedly. It was my worst symptom, and I thought I’d never sleep again, but now I’m regularly able to sleep up to fourteen hours if I feel like it.

This may be in the near future for you too.  :thumbsup:

Hello Leslie Ash,

Your response to EE75 gives me a lot of hope that my sleep pre benzo will return when I am fully healed. I have always been a good sleeper all my life until the withdrawal came in. I love my sleep and how I miss that drowsy feeling whenever I was tired and ready to sleep. Hoping and praying that I will get restorative sleep again when I am fully healed. Right now, I am getting some sleep but it is filled with dreams and 3-4 times wake ups every single night.

Are your sleep deep and restorative? Do you feel refreshed every morning when you wake up? Thank you so much in advance for your response.

[de...]

It’s delicious, healthy sleep again, and I’m so grateful – never thought it would happen again, but it did. It can happen again for you, too!

:smitten: