What should i do about this insomnia?

[oc...]

Im having horrible insomnia. I am coming off two medications but now the insomnia is so bad that I dont know if i should hold still at the medicine drops at level thing adjust at this point or just go ahead with the tapering of the xanax.

Its not like im getting a few hours sleep im getting none. I just went for 9 days with no sleep and finally i got 1 night of sleep but then again last night i was up all night again.

So i wondering how long it will take for my nervous system to catch up with these tapering (which were probably done wrong)

anyone with insomnia that could shed some light would help.

thanks.

Not sure what two drugs you are coming off of and how much you are taking?  Insomnia is pretty common as you taper.  Many have had long periods of no sleep, including myself.  Not much if anything works for most as they get near the end of their taper or go cold turkey.

Nothing really worked for me for more than a day or two so I just toughed it out.  Personally, I would avoid anymore Rx drugs until you are off what you are on now.  Many claim low dose seroquel can help with sleep but then you face the possibility of another taper and withdrawal.  In my opinion, it is best to take nothing, but you need to decide what is best for you.

Lack of sleep will not kill you.  Your body will get all it needs before anything bad can happen. 

ThEwAy2

I have been reading a lot of your posts . You seem knowledgeable in insomnia , I have been having a terrible time of it . I get so nervous about not sleeping it get worse . I only get 3 hours a night if I am lucky . I still have to function during the day . I take care of my mom and grandchildren . I can never nap even if I am able to , I just can’t fall asleep .

Tapering from 0.75 mg of Ativan once daily for a little over a year since I lost my brother .

I can only hope that my sleep will return some day . Thank you for your posts I love them .

Not sure what two drugs you are coming off of and how much you are taking?  Insomnia is pretty common as you taper.  Many have had long periods of no sleep, including myself.  Not much if anything works for most as they get near the end of their taper or go cold turkey.

Nothing really worked for me for more than a day or two so I just toughed it out.  Personally, I would avoid anymore Rx drugs until you are off what you are on now.  Many claim low dose seroquel can help with sleep but then you face the possibility of another taper and withdrawal.  In my opinion, it is best to take nothing, but you need to decide what is best for you.

Lack of sleep will not kill you.  Your body will get all it needs before anything bad can happen.

thanks for you taking time to reply.

It would be simple if i wasnt on two of these drugs and not knowing which one is doing the worse WD symptoms.

I pretty much do what this guy suggests in this video and I am getting 6-7 hours of sleep at night while I have been tapering off Klonopin.

ok  thanks -- im watching it now.

Some have good luck with a very low dose of Remeron.  Without it I'd be sunk --  With it I sleep.  I take around 3.75mg a night and if it stops working I lower the dose. I have taken 7 mg at times. 

Some have no problem getting off of this and I'm counting on that being so for me.  Sleep is very good medicine.

It's a very personal decision but when I haven't slept my sxs are MUCH worse.

:)

SS

Some have good luck with a very low dose of Remeron.  Without it I'd be sunk --  With it I sleep.  I take around 3.75mg a night and if it stops working I lower the dose. I have taken 7 mg at times. 

Some have no problem getting off of this and I'm counting on that being so for me.  Sleep is very good medicine.

It's a very personal decision but when I haven't slept my sxs are MUCH worse.

:)

SS

Yeah im with you. i can take getting little sleep but i cant take not getting any sleep for days.

Im having horrible insomnia. I am coming off two medications but now the insomnia is so bad that I dont know if i should hold still at the medicine drops at level thing adjust at this point or just go ahead with the tapering of the xanax.

Its not like im getting a few hours sleep im getting none. I just went for 9 days with no sleep and finally i got 1 night of sleep but then again last night i was up all night again.

So i wondering how long it will take for my nervous system to catch up with these tapering (which were probably done wrong)

thanks.

Ocean, has a Dr told you that you need to taper both at once?  If not, finish you topamax first, and then taper your xanax.  It will give you an opportunity to sleep and tapering 2 drugs at once is really hard on your cns.  You've come a long way off the topamax, finish it and then, give yourself time to stabalize.  Then begin your xanax taper.  That is just my opinion, you must do what you believe is best for you ;). I am sure others will post to help advise you too, good luck, Mary 💜☮️🙏

thanks.

Ocean, has a Dr told you that you need to taper both at once?  If not, finish you topamax first, and then taper your xanax.  It will give you an opportunity to sleep and tapering 2 drugs at once is really hard on your cns.  You've come a long way off the topamax, finish it and then, give yourself time to stabalize.  Then begin your xanax taper.  That is just my opinion, you must do what you believe is best for you ;). I am sure others will post to help advise you too, good luck, Mary 💜☮️🙏

Sorry I did not see this post. Thanks for the reply.

The neuro started taking me off the topamax and obviously it was too fast because i started having horrible wd symptoms.  To deal with the WD of the topamax my GP started prescribing xanax.

So then it was still on topamax and coming off it and now taking xanax and needing to come off it.

I am holding on the topamax taper so i can getoff the xanax which will take a while.

This whole process is brutal.