Success story from wife perspective

[da...]

Please read the beginning of the story in my signature link.

26 Oct 2014

This is the”jump” day that we are celebrating every year. There were so many times when I wanted to post the success story and unfortunately there were reasons that pulled me back from that. You have the old history in my signature. Since then:

- Things were improving gradually but the life keep being difficult

- 2016 -2017 weird flue like symptoms for 6-8 months with doctor appointments, vent genetics tests that showed my husband has a predisposition for lungs and liver disease. It was not that in fact. He has some gene, but the symptoms were never explained. I kept asking on the forum at the time about what benzo flu means …

- 2018 seems to be the return to normality

I said in the beginning to read the initial story in my signature. This post is from the perspective on the wife of the benzo damaged so I cannot give the complete insight.

All I can say that we went through all this together and it is FINISHED.

This year the life is almost normal. The insomnia is long gone. The funny thing is that he was prescribed clonazepam for 15 years mainly for that and his doctor was convinced my husband will need it for life. My husband sleeps better than me now.

He is still sensitive to stress, winter depression and other external factors. Who isn’t? Probably he is more than average and he will stay like that for good.

In spite of that:

- He kept working all the time even during the worse withdraws – he was lucky there because he was between projects at his work. That is a thing to consider before quitting your job. Sometimes is better to grit your teeth and keep working.

- We keep going in vacations one or two times per year – Spain, Argentina, Costa Rica, Island, Ireland, Cuba, Martinique, Turkey etc. Most of them road trips moving from one place to the other. The burden was a lot on me as he was not sleeping at all in the beginning of the trip but in the end was positive.

- He kept on his hobby of craft beer: Most of the years he had his portion of beer of 2 ounces per week of craft beer just to feel normal.

What helped?

- Lots of things, love and time the most. You can ask questions for more details.

I realize this is not the typical success story but this is what I can think now and I waited too long. Please feel free to ask questions and I will answer here.

Right now my husband is quite happy and productive at his job as software developer. He can enjoy life, a good diner, he laughs, he makes future plans, and he seems to be a new man.

Congratulations dear!!! He must be proud to have such a lovely wife by his side . 

I love my husband , but if he was instead of me suffering benzo withdrawal I am not sure if I would be able to understand the depth of sufference !!!!  No one can understand how inhuman this ordeal is if not experienced on themself .

My husband was a angel for me too during this ordeal for 7 months now ( despite he didn't believe I got pshysical dependence in only one week , Doctor didn't believed , they told I had paranoi , ptsd, depression 'all syptoms of withdrawal ') 

He suffered to see me in that ordeal and he treated me like a baby , showing me love and supporting me everyday . I Would  NOT BE ALIVE OR I will have to take antipsycotics for the rest of my life , if my husband wasn't by my side . I own him my life . 

I am getting better each day

THE POWER OF LOVE IN ENORMOUS !!!!!! 

You are lifesavers!!! God bless you !!!!