Anxiety, Benzos and strange symptoms, help!

[th...]

Hi, I would like to provide some more extensive info for you guys to help me

I am 43 yr old athlete, very healthy, great diet, have had many medical tests, MRIs, bloods, thyroid and so many more only to tell me that I am dealing with GAD and depression after a panic attack spawned it 15mo ago, ever since then I got scared as a result and created a world of madness in my own head, with fear, agitaion and worry over nothing important, but I do have health anxiety. Multiple LMHC counselors and doctors have confirmed this and I have involved myself in aviodance behaviors and having fear, and bizzare symptoms of anxiety that have manifested for me personally as well as obsessive, ruminating thoughts that I cannot let go of.  I have tried the supplement route, herbs, aminos with little effect and over time some things have gotten better and some things seems worse, I am luckily able to eat, sleep and exercise but I dont feel like the wild fun crazy guy I once was here are my symptoms and please tell me if you have had any of these

- crying for 10-20 seconds nearly every day

- irrational view on reality

- reality seems "strange" derealization

- foggy head, almost seems like I have been drinking, but have no vison issues

- dizzy, nauseases when looking at computer screen

- The most hated, This head, face pressure that drives me crazy

- when I speak to people this sensation like I cant get a full breath (But I can run playing sports no issues) cardiologist check out fine

Benzo issues

About 3 years ago I knew anxiety was creeping in but just ignored it and decided to see my doctor who prescribed me xanax, I know about benzos so I kept the dose low, about .25 each night for 3 years.  After this "panic attack" one night is when everything changed, I felt nervous and anxious ever since, it felt like I never let go of it.  About a year ago I was prescribed klonopin and have been taking daily to the tune of .25 - .5 per day.

Here is the question, I have never had any of these symptoms prior to this panic episode 18mo ago, I have this head tension, pressure, heavyness that is with me all the time with varying degrees, as well as this woozy feeling.

Is this just a result of my anxiety condition or has anyone heard of these head issues directly related to xanax and klonopin, even at these low doses?

PS - just to add I used to like to drink a beer or two each night and smoke cannabis before bed, just a little bit though, I had this attack when high one night and stopped drinking and smoking after that, I tried to smoke a few times and was fine just too anxious about the whole thing, could stopping cannabis after 15 bring on these symptoms as well?

I am desperate to feel like myself again, I greatly appreciate any and all help. Feel free to ask me questions

Thank you

Much love and peace

Well, I've read a lot of 'head squeezing feelings...and .25 K may not be so small a dose as you think. Have you started exploring this forums topics yet? C

Hi, thanks

No i havent explored much here, can u point me to some " head pressure" topics?

also, isnt .25 the lowest dose that both klon and xanax come in?

or is any amount of benzo bad news?

thanks!

I can very much relate. I feel like I'm overwhelmed by irrational fears and just a general sense of dread all the time. It feels like my thoughts are always uncontrollably anxious and racy, which makes me feel very disconnected from my mind, like I can't guide my own thoughts. I constantly struggle with this idea that I'm going to completely lose it or fall apart, which is not a fun sensation. All of this leads to a pretty awful feeling of confusion, because I'm highly anxious and have no idea why, so it's like my mind is always trying to figure out what's going on or seek out threats. I just have this general fear that seems to attach to all thoughts and I can't seem to get my head out of my symptoms unless I mercilessly distract. It really makes me feel like I'm 'not with it' and I can't attach to reality or focus on anything outside of my head. It makes it really difficult to enjoy life, because I always feel so out of it and reality seems so far away. I definitely struggle with DP/DR on a constant basis, but I'm pretty used to it at this point.

I don't currently have any issues with dizziness or face/head pressure, but I highly relate to feeling like I cannot get a good breath, even though I'm breathing fine. My mind likes to attach to autonomic processes like breathing and thinking and it just gets fixated and monitors those things as if they are threats. I can't wait for the day where I'm not so over-aware and hyper-vigilant, but as of right now my brain won't allow me to be peaceful and calm.