Not sure about direct taper

[Be...]

Hello,

I went to another doctor today who advised me to crossover to valium from oxazepam. Since oxazepam is very addictive, but valium is also addictive i heard, anyway, she said it would be better, Ashton also advises it. On the other hand, i know that i am only one year on oxazepam. I also had multiple cold turkeys from other meds and oxazepam is now masking everything.

In the last month i started having interdose withdrawals, lots of hypnic jerks and anxiety, on top of that, all the withdrawal symptoms from the ADs i took and quit are starting to surface, so im in a loose - loose state and double problem without escape. The more i reduce oxazepam the more this problems will surface, Im on deep trouble if i reduce more, but also in trouble because starting to get tolerance withdrawals. Now, i dont know what would be the best aproach now. I also added another problem i think, im AM taking melatonin and magnésium to help sleep, since oxazepam is no more enough for it.

Im a afraid im am doing lots of errors. But Im stuck on my ads protracted withdrawals masked by oxazepam, but get withdrawals from oxazepam also too, Im on two layers of withdrawals, two walls.  What should i do?

Thank you all.

Hello,

I went to another doctor today who advised me to crossover to valium from oxazepam. Since oxazepam is very addictive, but valium is also addictive i heard, anyway, she said it would be better, Ashton also advises it. On the other hand, i know that i am only one year on oxazepam. I also had multiple cold turkeys from other meds and oxazepam is now masking everything.

In the last month i started having interdose withdrawals, lots of hypnic jerks and anxiety, on top of that, all the withdrawal symptoms from the ADs i took and quit are starting to surface, so im in a loose - loose state and double problem without escape. The more i reduce oxazepam the more this problems will surface, Im on deep trouble if i reduce more, but also in trouble because starting to get tolerance withdrawals. Now, i dont know what would be the best aproach now. I also added another problem i think, im AM taking melatonin and magnésium to help sleep, since oxazepam is no more enough for it.

Im a afraid im am doing lots of errors. But Im stuck on my ads protracted withdrawals masked by oxazepam, but get withdrawals from oxazepam also too, Im on two layers of withdrawals, two walls.  What should i do?

Thank you all.

Hello Benssri-

Well, you can choose to either stay on the benzo or tough it out and taper slowly and get off the benzo too.

Either way will present challenges. If you stay on benzo (if this is even an option) you may have to continue to increase your dose each time you reach tolerance. You will eventually reach the cap and will no longer be able to go up in dose.

If you choose to get off benzo you may still experience underlying ssri withdrawal issues then again, you may not. You will not know unless you try. I would strongly suggest trying to get off benzo by doing a slow, symptom based taper and be done with it  :thumbsup:

Switching to diazepam would reach interdose and tolerance right?

Thinking if going to trazodone modified release would help hinder the withdrawals, my mother went cold Turkey from lorazepam 2-3mg for years and switched to 150 trazodone, it helped her go off. 150mg would be top much for me but 50mg would be at least good for sleep?

Switching to diazepam would reach interdose and tolerance right?

Thinking if going to trazodone modified release would help hinder the withdrawals, my mother went cold Turkey from lorazepam 2-3mg for years and switched to 150 trazodone, it helped her go off. 150mg would be top much for me but 50mg would be at least good for sleep?

Yes, eventually you will reach tolerance. I am not familiar with A/D's consult your doctor about this. :thumbsup: