How long was your ‘acute’ stage?

[wa...]

I know everyone is different, but did anyone get worse for a bit before getting better?

I’m in a setback since beginning of September that is worse than my original ssri recovery and feel as if I’m in some sort of  acute phase. It’s been 75 days since but oct was worse then sept & last week the absolute worst yet. This week is  a little better, but I’m still shaken. Afraid it will get that bad again.

When did you feel you were out of acute?  Or when did waves became bearable or a little easier for you?

Did anyone find that their acute phase peaked first then lessened? I’m REALLY hoping that’s what last week was all about.

Thanks.

I just wrote you a nice reply and computer land made it disappear.

My acute WD lasted a little over a month and itr did not get much better after that. I DID stop hallucinating but other symptoms showed up both physical and mental.e

Please do not compare yourself with others. You are YOU and your WD will occur as it wants to do. You cannot change it even though you want to. BWD is a process, and for sopme it does take time. Time is your best friend. That and NOT taking any other brain affecting drugs.

Hang on tight. It may be a bumpy ride, but in the end you will feel SO much better.

east

Smileys are not working lately, but I am smiling at you now.....!

Thanks east coast. I’m having such severe anxiety and depression waves that do not respond to self talk or deep breathing. It’s unbelievable. I took amoxicillin and had a severe reaction to it. I guess penicillins affect gaba receptors. Just looking for hope that this will get better/ or bearable so I can cope better than I have been.

"Cillin" antibiotics have no effects with benzos so do not worry about that. What was your reaction to Amoxicillin? Itching, hives? Tell me.

Some people tend to have more severe mental symptoms to BWD. No one knows why. It just IS.

Severe anxiety and depression are all quite common. My own anxiety was so high it actually became a total, overwhelming FEAR of every single thing around me. It was almost beyond bearing. Top this day I don't know how I stood that for so long. I suppose my extreme fear of doctors at that time helped, because otherwise I know I would have reinstated. And I would also now be dead....I know that for sure.

You have to try to distract yourself from this stuff. Any way you can,, and be creative. I recently read a post from someone who - and do not laugh - spent hours untangling sisal ropes, which are made up of hundreds of fibers woven together. UI  can just picture this, and although it sounds funny, it is NOT. Anything that gets your mind OFF WD is a good thing.

east

F4M, How long is it since your last ever bit of benzo?

It isn’t that long is it?

I think I’m still in Acute from First taper that is just being held slightly at bay in some ways by reinstatement.

"Cillin" antibiotics have no effects with benzos so do not worry about that. What was your reaction to Amoxicillin? Itching, hives? Tell me.

Some people tend to have more severe mental symptoms to BWD. No one knows why. It just IS.

Severe anxiety and depression are all quite common. My own anxiety was so high it actually became a total, overwhelming FEAR of every single thing around me. It was almost beyond bearing. Top this day I don't know how I stood that for so long. I suppose my extreme fear of doctors at that time helped, because otherwise I know I would have reinstated. And I would also now be dead....I know that for sure.

You have to try to distract yourself from this stuff. Any way you can,, and be creative. I recently read a post from someone who - and do not laugh - spent hours untangling sisal ropes, which are made up of hundreds of fibers woven together. UI  can just picture this, and although it sounds funny, it is NOT. Anything that gets your mind OFF WD is a good thing.

east

“Penicillins are believed to exert an inhibitory effect on GABA transmission due to their beta-lactam ring structure, which shares similar structural features to those of GABA neurotransmitters [41]. This is further supported by studies in which the beta-lactam ring is enzymatically cleaved and the epileptogenic potential is subsequently lost [42]. Thiazolidine ring and side chain length may have an impact on the epileptogenic potential [42]. In addition, it has been demonstrated in rat studies that penicillin can quantitatively reduce benzodiazepine receptors and thus reduced inhibition and altered neuronal excitability [43].”

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3175508/

I feel like I’m in Ct wd. All the symptoms very intense. Thanks east. I keep trying to figure out how to distract but it’s SO hard. I’m sure you understand.. I just hope this all gets less severe soon.

Hmmm....that's a new bit of info for me. Thanks for sharing it. I have never heard this before now.

I know you are miserable. For some people, WD just takes longer and their symptoms may be fairly extreme. I was like that and sop are you, but SO many others have gone before you and managed to survive. When you feel THAT awful, distracting can be hard. Your mind tends to wander off, noticing yet another weird symptom, or another odd sensation. All of those things can be very time consuming! And produce yet more anxiety and fear. You start to wonder if this is permanent. You may wonder if you have lost your mind. You wonder if you actually have schizophrenia or some other mental health issue.

I spent many a day just sitting on my sofa, trying with all my might to stay alive. I thought about suicide. I was that bad, waiting. But I was also afraid to die, because of my beloved cats. I could NOT die and leave them to starve to death or be put down. I stayed alive FOR my cats. Early on I did not know about distraction. I had not found BB yet. That did not happen until perhaps my third month. Once I found BB, I began the true healing. I learned about distraction. At first it was very difficult for me to do because I had SO many symptoms, both mental and physical. Little by little I started learning how to distract myself. When you get your mind OFF WD even for a minute or two, it helps to relax you just a bit. Over the next year I slowly became adept at distraction. And you will, too. Just give it time. Learning some tricks to deal with YOUR symptoms can help a lot too. This site has tons of suggestions for dealing with various symptoms. Mental OR physical.

Just keep on going, my friend. You WILL heal. It just takes time.

east