I want to titrate down 5mg with DMLT from 3mgs valium in 3 weeks is it too fast

[ch...]

is it safe to drop .5mgs from 3mgs , DMLT in 3 weeks? Or should I go slower

« on: November 18, 2018, 09:09:05 pm »

I am titrating down from 3mgs diazepam by DMLT. I was on 4 mgs and reduced by cut and hold, but as I am getting lower I am using a mix of pills and liquid.

I am trying to go down slowly each day, reducing .5mgs in 3 weeks, Can anyone tell me if this is too fast, before I get too far into the reduction, I do not want to make any major mistakes at this point, but do not want to dawdle as diazepam has from the get go about 7 months ago now, made me feel ill. so don't want to be on it for months. Just want to know if this fits within the guidelines for tapering. I realise that as I go lower I will have to extend the time. I don't seem to be able to work out the 5-10% , every 10 -14 days rule, so would be grateful if someone could help on this. For some reason, numbers keep going round in my head, and now I am not sure. I know I may have a bumpy ride, but have all the time of taking it, but would hate to risk protracted withdrawal if possible, by going too fast.

Thank you in advance

It would be too fast for me.  I personally would do half that reduction in 3 weeks, and only if I felt really well to start with.  You are right to be concerned about going to fast.  I did and I had to back up and slow way down.  That said, everyone is different.  Good luck with whatever you decide.