Food question - Salmon

[CM...]

I’m really sensitive to things in withdrawal, especially what I eat.

I eat a super clean and healthy diet. Last night I tried Salmon for the first time and felt pretty bad last night and this morning I was really itchy and feel out of it and bloated.

Anyone have any experience with Salmon during this. Could it be related to the wave I’m in?

It was wild caught Sockeye  from Whole Foods that was previously frozen.

I've been eating Salmon and haven't had a problem.  I also consider myself sensitive to food.  Could be chemicals in the Salmon?  Or just the fact that you haven't had it before?  Or a fish allergy?  I would try it again if you think you'll tolerate it ok.  Salmon's really good for you!

I've been eating Salmon and haven't had a problem.  I also consider myself sensitive to food.  Could be chemicals in the Salmon?  Or just the fact that you haven't had it before?  Or a fish allergy?  I would try it again if you think you'll tolerate it ok.  Salmon's really good for you!

I’m wondering if it’s the omegas in it. I googled “Salmon BenzoBuddies buddies” and came across a few topics where people were sensitive to it. Increases dopamine apparently?

I’m wondering if it’s the omegas in it. I googled “Salmon BenzoBuddies buddies” and came across a few topics where people were sensitive to it. Increases dopamine apparently?

I'm not sure.  Seems like a good reason to keep eating it.  :thumbsup:

• 1 month later...
That lovely, pink farmed salmon you buy raw and grill is touted as a health food. Query that...it’s fed a really unfishy diet (more suited to farm livestock) then hit with a chemical that turns it pink (or salmon-coloured  :tickedoff:). Otherwise it would be grey! You’re much better off with wild caught Atlantic salmon in tins. John West is one brand (in Australia) but I bet there are others.

I've been eating the same exact salmon these past few days. From WF, wild caught previously frozen sockeye. Didn't have a noticeable negative effect from it but I did eat a half slab of baby pack pork ribs later that same day and had a pretty bad stomach ache for a few hours. I assumed it was the high Omega 6 ratio in the pork. Yesterday I ate the same salmon and had no issues but it was a small portion. I think the salmon is fine though.

That lovely, pink farmed salmon you buy raw and grill is touted as a health food. Query that...it’s fed a really unfishy diet (more suited to farm livestock) then hit with a chemical that turns it pink (or salmon-coloured  :tickedoff:). Otherwise it would be grey! You’re much better off with wild caught Atlantic salmon in tins. John West is one brand (in Australia) but I bet there are others.

I think I was having problems with it bc I’m having histamine issues and fish is very sensitive to histamine. If you’re not having histamine problems then I’m sure it’s a great food.

I love fish and it has been a big part of my diet since I was little.  While it is healthy, the best fish is wild caught. Farmed fish should be avoided, the farms are dirty, they feed all kinds of strange and icky stuff to the fish as well as antibiotics.

I only buy wild caught fish and have only a couple of places that I trust in terms of freshness.

I eat a super clean and healthy diet. Last night I tried Salmon for the first time and felt pretty bad last night and this morning I was really itchy and feel out of it and bloated.

Anyone have any experience with Salmon during this. Could it be related to the wave I’m in?

Salmon has HIGH HISTAMINE in it.  So if you are going to eat it, take Benedryl or don't eat it.  It does the same thing to me too.  So I eat it once in a while.  However, I buy Alaskan Salmon Oil and it does NOT do that to me.  So you can get your Omega 3 that way w/o severe amounts of High Histamine. 

That is what is causing it.  You are sensitive to histamine like i am.

Salmon has HIGH HISTAMINE in it.  So if you are going to eat it, take Benedryl or don't eat it.  It does the same thing to me too.  So I eat it once in a while.  However, I buy Alaskan Salmon Oil and it does NOT do that to me.  So you can get your Omega 3 that way w/o severe amounts of High Histamine. 

That is what is causing it.  You are sensitive to histamine like i am.

Yup. That’s exactly what I have. Went on a low histamine diet and feel much better. I have Candida issues and histamine problems from the adrenal fatigue of this stress. Even omegas stimulate me so for now I’m going to just eat the things that don’t make me worse. Some people don’t have histamine issues and gut problems are the ones that don’t have issues with it is my educated assumption.

CMZ18,

That's correct.  I was born with histamine problems.  Went into  anaphylactic Shock FIVE TIMES.  One time was from the DYE on the outside of an Aspirin PILL!!!

Best to avoid the things that affect you then, good move.

• 2 weeks later...

I think I was having problems with it bc I’m having histamine issues and fish is very sensitive to histamine. If you’re not having histamine problems then I’m sure it’s a great food.

What do you mean by histamine issues? I recently started having WDs after being stable on a dose for years. though I think it either has something to do with my phlebotomy therapies for blood condition OR I've hit tolerance; the whole thing did start during ragweed season when, against my better judgement, I took a lot of antihistimines. Usually, they make me crazy right away, when they didn't I kept taking them until this new crap started.

Not the Salmon it's the wave you're in. Salmon doesn't do that.

Not the Salmon it's the wave you're in. Salmon doesn't do that.

Dr Jennifer Leigh actually wrote about salmon affecting her in WD. She had to stay away from it because it revved up her symptoms. I’ve eaten it many times with no issues though.

• 2 weeks later...

I used to eat salmon every week, but now unable to eat it at all.

I was crazy about seafood before but now cannot eat any seafood in general.