Can't tell the difference

[Mk...]

I've been off klonopin for over a month now. I'm going through a pretty bad depression. I really don't know if I've ever felt this down. Also, most of my day is consumed with fear and paranoia. To the point that sometimes everything stops for me. I don't know if this is benzo withdraw or something else. The fear is so paralyzing. I'm scared of things that have never worried me before. I've become even more antisocial than what I already was. I need encouragement and advice from anyone who felt this after getting off benzo? Please share your stories with me also. Thank you in advance.

HI MK,

Sounds like you are in the throws of Acute even though you tapered.  I have been there.  I had no life for 2 months after jumping of Klonopin.  None.  You will get through this but I am sensing two things 1) You have to accept this time as being ill and not judge yourself for being sick 2) I truly believe that the fear is telling us that we need to isolate and recover before trying to get out in the normal world.  I made it through this stage and so will you.

Hi Mk125,  I had depression throughout the first 2 months off and still some lingering.  I'm 3 months off now.  It was bad but it did get better.  Things started turning around more noticeably at 1.5 months.  I hope it lifts for you soon.  Best.

• 2 weeks later...
Thank you to both of you! I am feeling a little better. Very good advice.  Sometimes it's just nice to know you're not the only one to face this.