Eye strain and headaches - any advice?

[Sp...]

Hi,

I couldn't find a post on this so I was wondering if anyone had a similar problem. I was on xanax for about 3 months and the abruptly taken off by my doctor. At first my WD was horrible but now at just past 3 weeks I am starting to feel human again, even if still very spacey.

The problem that has persisted is the eye strain and headaches. My vision is incredibly blurry and I get stabbing pains in the back of my head. Did anyone have a similar issue and are they linked? Unfortunately with any stab it makes my anxiety flare up and it makes doing my job very difficult.

Is there anyway to help this problem. I've seen sunglasses can help but I can't wear them at work.

Thank you

I'm a conversational English teacher so when I'm at my main office I can can turn down the lights but when I go out of the office to teach the schools have horrible florescent lighting. When I get the headaches they are just short sharp stabs through my head from just above my neck but they don't linger. Only very short.

I just saw this... sorry if this is the first reply. That eye pain and reaction to fluorescent lights is shared by many of us through the recovery process and if it only lasts a short time for you then consider yourself lucky! I hope you continue to improve as it sounds like you have done well so far. And of course, I feel bad for your discomfort as I am still having a hard time going to grocery stores or any commercial building because of those damn lights!