Ways to enjoy the holiday season in withdrawal?

[Su...]

It doesn’t even feel like the holidays to me. It feels like my brain has been on pause since this happened to me. I’m guessing this had a lot to do with my derealization. I’m just so sad. I feel so depressed when I see holiday commercials. Because I can’t FEEL. How do you guys celebrate the holidays? How do you make it feel more like the holidays? I’m so depressed anyone else struggling through this?

I'm commenting so I can follow. I completely understand. I've gone through the holiday depression and anxiety even before I was put on benzo. This year I'm a little more nervous because I'm ( as of now 5 weeks ) off klonopin. My strategy at this point is to not bite off more than I can chew.  1) Don't buy for anyone I don't have too. 2) I'm not going to over decorate. Just a tree this year. 3) I'm not doing any holiday baking. 4) Im putting my foot down with the amount of holiday get togethers i go too 5) No sending Christmas cards . Call me a scrooge...But this helps me avoid getting too stressed. And high stress for me right now seems to bring on W/D waves. We have to take care of ourselves.

Things that help me with the depression part are 1) watching holiday movies ( the funnier the better). 2) window shopping. Etc. During this time I plan on staying on my same routine that involves healthy eating and exercise. 

I hope this helps.  Put yourself 1st this season.

I hope to see what other ideas people add.