Head anxiety

[Vi...]

Anybody feels they head hurts so much is like painful thingling and squeezing, pressure and muscles spasm on my scalp, ice picking and sometimes feels like something pushesed my brain inside. Huge tinnitus.

This pain give me so much anxiety and depression I don't know how long I can take it.

3o months out and don't see the light.

Anybody has this and pain get better later? Please let us know it can get better

I'm losing hope

Vica

I had that super bad at 3 months off. Unbearable pain. Im almost 6 months off and it comes and goes. Mainly tight muscles in my scalp now. It’s getting better but annoying.

I had that super bad at 3 months off. Unbearable pain. Im almost 6 months off and it comes and goes. Mainly tight muscles in my scalp now. It’s getting better but annoying.

So happy for you it ge better.

For me more time pass by less hope I have it will hope away  :'(

Thank you for writing me back

Love and healing

Vica

• 5 weeks later...
I had 24/7 head pressure for about 3.5 years. Didnt start to get sufficient breaks from it until the 4th year I think. My head and anxiety were a mess for years. There many moments where I just layed on the floor, bed, couch, etc wishing it would just kill me so I didnt have to feel it anymore. But I'm glad it didnt because now into my 5th year I only get it a few times a month for a few hours.

I'm still in the tapering process but yes, sometimes I have such painful headaches I find myself rolling around waiting for it to end. It's so bad I actually feel pain and stiffness in the muscles of my face. Sometimes a neck rub helps it, sometimes a hot shower. Advil liquigels are a must with these kinds of headaches I know how bad they can be. Hang in there and try to stay calm while you are going through it. I know its hard but try to focus on the idea that it will pass. Benzo withdrawal/recovery in general is deceiving because one moment you can feel the best you have in a while and the next you could be trapped in bed not feeling well. It does pass, the mental and physical. I have endured lots of discomfort and despite being a serious hypochondriac and having panic disorder, I take strength from the weak moments like the headaches the body aches and the blurred Vision. Try to remember another time where it really brought you down, and then remember that it passed, as this will too. Good luck and look into a heating pad for your neck it may be part of the problem.

I had 24/7 head pressure for about 3.5 years. Didnt start to get sufficient breaks from it until the 4th year I think. My head and anxiety were a mess for years. There many moments where I just layed on the floor, bed, couch, etc wishing it would just kill me so I didnt have to feel it anymore. But I'm glad it didnt because now into my 5th year I only get it a few times a month for a few hours.

So nice to see you get better!!! I'm so happy for you and your message definitely give me a huge hope one day this hell will end.

Did your head/ scalp was burning too?

Did you able to work? What did you do to ease your pain? How was the sleep for you.

My pain and burning is 24/7 and I can't sleep only 4-5 broken hrs.

Thank you again to writing me back

Love and healing

Vica

I'm still in the tapering process but yes, sometimes I have such painful headaches I find myself rolling around waiting for it to end. It's so bad I actually feel pain and stiffness in the muscles of my face. Sometimes a neck rub helps it, sometimes a hot shower. Advil liquigels are a must with these kinds of headaches I know how bad they can be. Hang in there and try to stay calm while you are going through it. I know its hard but try to focus on the idea that it will pass. Benzo withdrawal/recovery in general is deceiving because one moment you can feel the best you have in a while and the next you could be trapped in bed not feeling well. It does pass, the mental and physical. I have endured lots of discomfort and despite being a serious hypochondriac and having panic disorder, I take strength from the weak moments like the headaches the body aches and the blurred Vision. Try to remember another time where it really brought you down, and then remember that it passed, as this will too. Good luck and look into a heating pad for your neck it may be part of the problem.

Hi Riley, thank you for writing me back!

The problem with me is, my pain is 24/7. It is never goes away or I never had a window since I CT benzo 3.5 years ago. Can't function or sleep only 4-5 broken hrs. Can't take Advil bc the next day I have even more head pain if I take Advil. Massage helps me for half hr. I have the heating pad but dos not helping me, actually it make it worst bc I have a burning pain and  more heat not helping with my pain.  I wash  my face in cold water or put some ice on my head and is easy the pain a very little.

Did you had a burning scalp too?

Vica

I never had scalp pain, but the skin on my legs burn sometimes or tingle in a painful way. I'm sorry to hear you are having difficulties still. I understand the frustration with symptoms though...it can get you really down especially when its unbearable. I hope someone else can shed some light on this for you . Sending you positive vibes for some relief from your pain

Hi Vica-

Sorry to see you're suffering so much. These symptoms withdrawal (or whatever you want to call it) produce are pretty horrific and so unnatural. If I remember right, like in the 2nd year of withdrawal, maybe it was the third, I remember exercise would make my head and arms feel like every single nerve was drenched in gasoline and lit on fire. Even the simplest things like going for a short slow walk would make my whole upper body burn. It was so uncomfortable. I remember I used to stand a lot while watching TV and just shaking my arms and body because that would make the burning sensation less noticeable. If I just sat, it was unbearable. Not sure if this is similar to what you're going through.

Massages are a God send during this process though. Muscles get so ridiculously tight, it's pure torture.

As for Advil and Tylenol, and other over the counter pain meds. I used to get the same thing. It would be like a whole other detox/withdrawal when they started to wear off. Now I can take them without any problem. As long as it's in moderation. I often times just take half at a time. But I don't get the nasty withdrawal effect from them anymore.

I did work during this time but I worked from home so that made life a little easier. I spent a lot of days crying. And sleep hasn't fully returned honestly until this last month (hopefully the worst is now over). The first year I got like 2 hrs of sleep a night, the second year maybe 3-4, the third year like 4-6 but would wake up often and had the worst adrenaline surges starting from like 4 am till like noon, the 4th year 6-8 but still very broken sleep and had lots of nights with insomnia. The 5th year I was sleeping all night but would wake up like clockwork at like 2 am  with severe panic that would take like an hour to go away. Then this past month, haven't woke up at all except to go to the bathroom and stuff.

Every year I seem to get stronger but will still get slammed from time to time. It's a very surreal process though. Before this I could never imagine the dark places someones mind and body could take them. It's very inhumane and sick.

Hi Vica-

Sorry to see you're suffering so much. These symptoms withdrawal (or whatever you want to call it) produce are pretty horrific and so unnatural. If I remember right, like in the 2nd year of withdrawal, maybe it was the third, I remember exercise would make my head and arms feel like every single nerve was drenched in gasoline and lit on fire. Even the simplest things like going for a short slow walk would make my whole upper body burn. It was so uncomfortable. I remember I used to stand a lot while watching TV and just shaking my arms and body because that would make the burning sensation less noticeable. If I just sat, it was unbearable. Not sure if this is similar to what you're going through.

Massages are a God send during this process though. Muscles get so ridiculously tight, it's pure torture.

As for Advil and Tylenol, and other over the counter pain meds. I used to get the same thing. It would be like a whole other detox/withdrawal when they started to wear off. Now I can take them without any problem. As long as it's in moderation. I often times just take half at a time. But I don't get the nasty withdrawal effect from them anymore.

I did work during this time but I worked from home so that made life a little easier. I spent a lot of days crying. And sleep hasn't fully returned honestly until this last month (hopefully the worst is now over). The first year I got like 2 hrs of sleep a night, the second year maybe 3-4, the third year like 4-6 but would wake up often and had the worst adrenaline surges starting from like 4 am till like noon, the 4th year 6-8 but still very broken sleep and had lots of nights with insomnia. The 5th year I was sleeping all night but would wake up like clockwork at like 2 am  with severe panic that would take like an hour to go away. Then this past month, haven't woke up at all except to go to the bathroom and stuff.

Every year I seem to get stronger but will still get slammed from time to time. It's a very surreal process though. Before this I could never imagine the dark places someones mind and body could take them. It's very inhumane and sick.

Hi SMS, thank you with my all heart to writing me back. I can see it is a long road for you too and you suffered a lot too.

Wow I was so surprised when you wrote you felt like you went trough withrawl when you took Tylenol or Advil. I thought is only me!

I basically cried trough the first 2.5 years with pain and just now I get some day with a very little improvement. But very few days. Still never had a window and still I’m not functioning. Most of the time I pick up dinner bc I can’t cook. Everything is still huge effort for me. Don’t like to watch tv, don’t like to talk on a phone, can’t stand any loud noise, can’t sleep only 4-5 broken hrs.

But panick attacks are much less and I’m getting some positive thoughts here and there for very short time.

I would never ever imagined before , human can suffer this much and this long and still be a life.

I can’t thank enough for BB support and my wonderful husbands. Without you I would be dead or on some kind of benzo and depression pills.

Your post give me so much hope and thank you again from a bottom of my heart  :smitten: :smitten:

Love and healing

Vica