Announcement: It is with regret... ×

Forum rules: Important Reminder

[pi...]

BenzoBuddies strives to allow for freedom of opinion on nearly any topic.  This includes the care and quality of medical care members have received.  We do understand that in many cases, substandard medical practices have led people to be put on medications which they likely did not need. Sometimes this has happened without full disclosure about the medication and its potential for harm. It is unfortunate that people have come to grievous harm by simply seeking help for a problem or health difficulty.

It is important to have a place to vent about these issues.  Every member is welcome to speak about their personal experience in dealing with medical providers and/or the drugs/medications they were prescribed. However, as clearly stated in our community policies, we are not an anti-doctor, anti-benzo, anti-medication forum.

As of late, some members have disregarded this policy.  It seems they feel that they are exempt from following BB policies. Not so, since each member agreed to abide by our policies, guidelines and rules upon joining the forum.

BenzoBuddies is a peer support forum with a mission to encourage and support those who wish to taper off benzodiazepines.  BB is not a platform for those who wish to degrade the entire medical profession.

Some people have disregarded the team's efforts to remind members about this policy.  This compels us to take a stronger approach in the future.

1.  All posts which include general anti-doctor, anti-psychiatry propaganda will be edited or deleted by the moderation team.

2. If the member persists to post in this manner, Post Moderation (pre-approval control of posts) will be applied by the team.

Please refamiliarize yourself with BB policy by clicking on the following links:

Rules & Guidelines for the BenzoBuddies Community

Anti-doctor, Anti-psychiatrist and Anti-medicine Comments

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Pianogirl, I'm a rebel.

You’re not the only one, but even rebels need to follow the posting guidelines here.  :)

Fair enough, Challis. Having a good forum with rules is better than no forum with no rules. So good rebel I will be.

• 2 months later...

would like to get in touch with Dr Huff.

Micbou

Are you referring to Christy Huff, MD — the director of the 
Benzodiazepine Information Coalition (BIC)? If so, the email address for BIC is:

bic@benzoinfo.com

would like to get in touch with Dr Huff.

Micbou

Are you referring to Christy Huff, MD — the director of the 
Benzodiazepine Information Coalition (BIC)? If so, the email address for BIC is:

bic@benzoinfo.com

Thanks Lib!  :)

• 8 months later...
Just because you guys are not anti doctor doesn't mean I'm not. You guys can be all positive about benzos if you want but I refuse to be. They injured me for a couple years now and I'm still not better, why would anybody be positive and like doctors after this? That doesn't even make any sense. What kind of prison rules is this place?