No emotions/Anhedonia after quitting Benzos/Phenibut almost 23 months ago

[be...]

It's been almost 23 months since I quite a high does of Benzos/Phenibut CT. After quitting cold turkey I suffered from many symptoms that have went away or that have eased up a lot over the months but one symptom that I haven't noticed any relief in is my Anhedonia/Emotional Blunting. Has anyone here recovered from this and if you have how long did it take for your emotions to start coming back. Also, did your emotions come back all at once or did they come back slowly over time? It's been almost 23 months since I last felt any emotions or pleasure and it's really starting to bother me. I feel empty and just like a zombie strolling through life day by day. I really hope this problem fixes itself in time.

Yes. This is a common post WD problem for many. I had anhedonia for several years. Normal emotions and thoughts slowly came back, but it was not a sudden change...just a gradual lessening of those symptoms (and others).

23 months is not that long a time in the world of BWD. I had major symptoms for about 5 years. But keep in mind that I took benzos for 30 years! Some people just seem predisposed to have awful withdrawals. Nothing you can do about  it, you just have to keep going.

If this truly bothers you, it might help if you got in some sort of one to one counselling. There is nothing wrong about being in some form of therapy.

Let me know what happens, please.

east

Thanks for your reply Eastcoast62. It gives me hope that I will heal from this and get my emotions back someday. I'm glad your doing well and recovered from this benzo hell.

I'll make sure to look into counseling and I'll definitely keep you updated.

Please do! I have a feeling you are going to do quite well. Just hang in there, and PM me any time. I only come here once a day but I always answer PMs.

Hang on my friend. It may be bumpy ride, but well worth the effort.

east :)

• 3 weeks later...

Yes. This is a common post WD problem for many. I had anhedonia for several years. Normal emotions and thoughts slowly came back, but it was not a sudden change...just a gradual lessening of those symptoms (and others).

23 months is not that long a time in the world of BWD. I had major symptoms for about 5 years. But keep in mind that I took benzos for 30 years! Some people just seem predisposed to have awful withdrawals. Nothing you can do about  it, you just have to keep going.

If this truly bothers you, it might help if you got in some sort of one to one counselling. There is nothing wrong about being in some form of therapy.

Let me know what happens, please.

east

You had major symptoms for 5 years?? What kind of symptoms were you still experiencing that far out? It's terrifying knowing it can potentially take that long to heal. But like you said, we have no choice but to keep going and let our bodies do their thing.