Toxic sleep.. What to do??

[am...]

Hey buddies,

Each time I sleep at night I wake up in panic 3 or 4 times and each time I feel more  disconnected to the world and myself when I wake up, a really strange sensation of being completely alone in fear with a strongly impaired brain...

It just doesn’t get better and makes me afraid to go to sleep or enjoying sleep. My main sx is severe dp/dr and it’s worse day by day after I sleep.

If anyone can relate to these feelings and give me a bit of reassurance i’ll be glad to hear it.

Peace

I had DP/DR too.  Expect the unexpected during withdrawal.  It has no rhyme or reason.  It makes absolutely no sense and is UP and DOWN for most for quite some time.

It just doesn't seem like it is getting better but you are very early on in your withdrawal.  I didn't get any real windows for 6 months.  That doesn't mean you won't but the hardest part of healing is having to face something that no one knows how long it will take to end.

Your Benzo damaged brain will get you to believe lies.  Lies that tell you that you are permanently damaged.  Not true.  This is all Temporary.  Symptoms are signs of healing.  It makes no sense, but everything you are experiencing in the form of different symptoms is the result of your body slowly repairing all of the damaged Gaba receptors...and you have roughly 45,000,000 that need to heal.

Time and being as healthy as possible are the only things that help most people. 

Just be thankful you can sleep.  Most get hit with horrible insomnia.  Insomnia was my worst symptom. 

Your symptoms WILL fade.  You WILL heal.  Just be patient as your timeline for healing is unique to you.

Thank you so much for your response.

As I said, dp/dr is relentless since I’ve C/T, I just can’t connect to myself, my family, the world for so long...

In the day I can barely forget it but at night and with these panic surges It’s extremely difficult to ride out. I just don’t feel any  distraction or meditation other than coming here for now and sometimes I smoke some cigarettes to relax a bit (I know I shouldn’t but sometimes it helps me sleep). I don’t drink of course and try to eat as healthy as I can...

Anyway, need to vent, this crazy symptom just won’t let my head in peace and make my nights horrendous. I know I put much pressure to myself and should trust the process.

Thanks again for your reassuring words.