Held at 2mgs of diazepam for 1 yr time to let go....need a cheer leading team!

[Pe...]

Hey all,

I held for a year at 2 mg V. After fast taper from 2mg of K. All the usual hell.  Sadly lost several  family members and was trying to cope with grief of  that.  Of course not doing great on a little  bit of V.  Tolerance  and brain not fully healed. So will get liquid on Monday.  mostly worried about just a constant lack of sleep still and obviously the mood swings are brutal.  life has been very challenging with all of this so I really want to make sure that I don't make it worse. So can anybody please give me some advice on the best titration plan in this situation as well as some confidence it will it will get better than it is now. it has been obviously the worst two years of my life and I feel that I accomplished so much with coming down off of it to this point and now I feel stuck. Thanks  and as always peace to everyone.

I can’t offer any advice on titration but I just want to tell you you are doing great and you will get thru. I’m sorry about your losses, it makes it tough to stay the course. Lost my Mom in May so I can relate to the grief. You did accomplish so much by coming down and sending hugs and encouragement to you. You can do this!

thanks so much for your support. I know what it takes to face that kind of pain and continue to taper or at the very least not up my dose. I tried Gabapentin last night for the first time to help sleep was very anxious to put anything else in my body. Was rather sedating and weird but I could sleep for a few hours so that was good. I won't take it on a regular basis but maybe in emergency situation I will. Anyone else that's done of Valium taper at a low dose please reach out and let me know what pace is the best? I keep hearing that 2 milligrams of Valium is so low however I've been on it for a year now so I'm not sure where to start. As well as I read that going to the compound pharmacy may not be the right thing to do and that's my intention??. Thanks again for your support and and many blessings. Peace

• 2 weeks later...

I'm another member of the '2mg' club and just wanted to give you some encouragement. It's understandable you needed to hold with all you've been through this year but now you're ready to try again, good luck you can do it! You've got off the K, you can do this.  I held on 2mg for over four years and that's too long. I wish I'd just kept going as I'd be well off it now.  I'm starting again and I'm going to do it this time. I don't really have any advice on a taper, but I'm going to go as slowly as I need to, even though it's a small amount, I've been on it for so long. I'm waiting for advice on my taper but currently planning to cut 1% a day of the original dose a day using the liquid.