Taper help please

[fr...]

Hello

After much reading I think the best way forward for me is to go with the 300mls of liquid and one pill and cut mls down daily (divide daily dose into 3). I am however starting with .75mg of a 1mg tab after dry cutting initially. I also only have a small amount of 1 mg tabs left as I switched to 0.5mg tabs in order to taper. How should I proceed ? Thank you.

Lorazepam is not water-soluble, and is poorly lipid (fat) soluble (so milk won't work), so your solvent  options are vodka (alcohol) or propylene glycol.  Either will work.  And the amounts of solvent are so tiny that you really don't even need to worry about the effects of the solvent.  For example, if you use vodka, the maximum amount you would ever need is 1.5mls.  That's .05 (5/100ths) of an ounce.  Your total consumption for a month wouldn't be enough to make standard cocktail/highball.  But PG will work just as well.

Combine 8mgs + 16mls vodka or PG + 64mls water.  This gives you 80mls dilute solution, .1mg per ml.  This will be approx a 10-12 day supply.  Store in a covered glass jar at room temp.

Let's try a 10% per 15 day schedule.

.75mgX 10% = .075mg

.075mg/15 days = .005mg/day reduction

So your daily dose schedule will be:

.75mg                7.5ml

.745mg              7.45ml

.740mg              7.40ml

.735mg              7.35ml

etc........

You just lower your dose by .05mls (.005mg) each day.

The easiest way to do 3 doses is just pull up the whole day's dose, and divided it into 3 seperate mini-doses.  Once you have pulled up the whole dose, put it in a measuring cup, and top it up to one full cup.  The just take 1/3 cup for each dose.

You will need a 1ml and a 10ml oral syringe, and a re-purposed glass jar (I used pickle/olive/salad dressing, etc jars.

Hi builder,

I mixed with water first and then added the vodka.....ativan particles are suspended in liquid......I can shake it up to disperse them. Should they have dissolved fully if I used the vodka first? Is it still usable this way?

Thanks!

Hi builder,

I mixed with water first and then added the vodka.....ativan particles are suspended in liquid......I can shake it up to disperse them. Should they have dissolved fully if I used the vodka first? Is it still usable this way?

Thanks!

You need to dissolve the benzo in the vodka, then add the water.  The vodka (alcohol) is the solvent, that dissolves the benzo.

But you will always have insolubles in your solution.  Only a tiny percentage, maybe 1-1.5%, of the tablet is actually lorazepam.  The rest is inactive fillers and binders, some of which will always be insoluble.

Your batch is probably OK.  If you have enough tablets to "waste" that batch, I would go ahead and make a new batch.  But otherwise I guess just use it and it very probably will be OK.