Builder.. can I do titration with Clonazepam oral disintegrating tablets?

[Ra...]

Hello Builder, 

I am having issues with my meds constantly changing from one manufacturer to another thus making me sick.  I have considered having my Dr. request Clonazepam in a different form.  I have been told that Teva still makes the med in a dissolving wafer.  Would that form of pill work with the water titration?  Thank you for your help. 

You can use ODTs for titration, but you can NOT dissolve it in water.

Just as with conventional tablets, the tablet itself may breakdown and de-construct, but the K itself will NOT go into solution.  Remember, only a very tiny percentage of the tablet is actually active ingredient...less than .5% for a .5mg K tablet.  It's that tiny amount of active ingredient that you need to dissolve. With an ODT, its the tablet that actually dissolves. but the K itself remains intact, and is simply swallowed with your saliva.

No matter what form it comes in, K, like most benzos, must be dissolved in a proper solvent.

• 2 weeks later...

Just as with conventional tablets, the tablet itself may breakdown and de-construct, but the K itself will NOT go into solution.  Remember, only a very tiny percentage of the tablet is actually active ingredient...less than .5% for a .5mg K tablet.  It's that tiny amount of active ingredient that you need to dissolve. With an ODT, its the tablet that actually dissolves. but the K itself remains intact, and is simply swallowed with your saliva.

No matter what form it comes in, K, like most benzos, must be dissolved in a proper solvent.

I know and thank you. I have tapered off 50% of my C dosage using a very small amount of Vodka which has worked fine.  I was just making sure that the dissolving Clonazepam will work the same with the water and vodka method that I've been using for the past several months. :thumbsup:

• 2 weeks later...

So builder,

Picking up on this theme of the solvent and the ODTs for titration, I’m going to try them myself.

I’ve been using whole full fat milk as the solvent for tapering and for the unending generic switches and holds I’ve had to do.

Will the ODTs work with the milk also?

If so, do I drop the ODTs in the milk and refrigerate overnight as I’ve I’ve done all along with the regular clonazepam tabs? 

Your information is greatly appreciated.

So builder,

Picking up on this theme of the solvent and the ODTs for titration, I’m going to try them myself.

I’ve been using whole full fat milk as the solvent for tapering and for the unending generic switches and holds I’ve had to do.

If so, do I drop the ODTs in the milk and refrigerate overnight as I’ve I’ve done all along with the regular clonazepam tabs? 

"No matter what form it comes in, K, like most benzos, must be dissolved in a proper solvent."

So builder,

"No matter what form it comes in, K, like most benzos, must be dissolved in a proper solvent."

Thanks for your response builder. The whole fat milk has always work for me so it will work again with these ODTs. I appreciate your help and your knowledge.