weight loss ??

[ju...]

i used to lift weight every other say i was in good shape weight between 160 n 165 usually  i hurt my shoulder over a year ago so no more weights  n i gained 20 pounds i was 186 at my higest n im only 5ft7 so i was a little on the heavy side so i decide to start watching what i was eating after having alot  of stomach problem had to quit milk a year ago  in october so i was about 165 pound at the time maybe a little more n the weight start slowly coming off my goal was 150  so i hit that around may which took about 7 months to lose 35 pounds  then i had a kidney stone in may so now ive develped a fear of eatting to much sodium n i drink alot of water n now im down to 127 pound im starting to get worried im anorexic  i keep losing wight slowly im not sure what to do  anyone else have trouble with weight loss or eatting disorder

I was on lorazepam as well. I'm about 5'9", and typically weigh about 150-155. While on lorazepam, I kept losing and losing weight, and was eating everything in sight trying to keep it on (for a month, I estimated my daily calorie intake at about 5000). My lowest "official" weight at the doctor's office was 112, but I weighed myself at home a couple of weeks after that at 107. Once I was completely off the lorazepam after a ill-advised rapid taper (didn't know what I was doing at the time - nor did my doctor), I gained about 35 pounds in 2 months after eating like I normally do (NOT eating everything in sight). So all this to say, I don't think what you're going through is unusual. I don't know why that happened, but it did. I still weigh about 15 pounds under where I want to be right now, but have other benzo-related issues going on and also unrelated health issues that might be contributing to that.

I wish you luck, and per your signature, if you're still on Ativan and wanting to taper off, see if you can get your doctor to change you to something that has a longer half-life. I went through hellish withdrawal when I went to only taking the lorazepam before I went to bed, and had no idea why. I only wish my doctor did that for me.

So much of the benefit of this forum is to see other people that have similar experiences, even if they can't be explained. That was so helpful to me, since my doctor told me very little even after asking.

That stinks - everyone is different and everyone has different reactions. Just know that there are others out there that have the same experiences. That knowledge provided a lot of relief (although not physical comfort) for me.