Therapist tomorrow

[Lo...]

Second session tomorrow. Trying to make the most out of it. Hoping to learn some immediate coping skills in terms of getting through the panic attacks (sometimes I get them through the session, too). I've noticed my old tendency to want to hide the fear as much as possible and appear calm, but I am not sure that it is actually serving me well these days.

I don't know what's the point in "impressing the therapist". He's certainly been around people with worse anxiety than mine. What is this desire to impress the last person I need to impress?  :-\

Second session tomorrow. Trying to make the most out of it. Hoping to learn some immediate coping skills in terms of getting through the panic attacks (sometimes I get them through the session, too). I've noticed my old tendency to want to hide the fear as much as possible and appear calm, but I am not sure that it is actually serving me well these days.

I don't know what's the point in "impressing the therapist". He's certainly been around people with worse anxiety than mine. What is this desire to impress the last person I need to impress?  :-\

That's a relief that the session went well for you, Loraz!! It's good to read there were a lot of tears, releasing cortisol.  :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

I wonder the same thing myself. Why do I hold it all together when meanwhile the pressure builds inside? I feel like I can't say everything I want, so there are bottled-up feelings. Would he make fun of me? Would he think I'm crazy? I think if we could talk candidly every time it would help release fear and anxiety. It sounds like you were able to do that, at least to a good extent. BRAVO!!!

[2b...]

I don't know what's the point in "impressing the therapist".

He's certainly been around people with worse anxiety than mine.

What is this desire to impress the last person I need to impress?  :-\

I watched a documentary on TV re anxiety with many people whom had overcome ( to some degree  :-\  ) anxiety stuff

and their main take away was to own it the anxiety  ( via acceptance of self and ones idiosyncrasies,  ;) )

and  perhaps not try to conform to what we think others perceive, and on it  they talked about this therapy now

https://positivepsychologyprogram.com/act-acceptance-and-commitment-therapy/ a branch from CBT  which was interesting.

Glad it all went well in second session  LF    :thumbsup: